The online racing simulator
The SGPA present : Dial K for Kyoto
(31 posts, started )
Not a championship race, but a practice race for the SGPA Sim Grand Prix Series drivers and a public race for those looking for the BF1.

When : 30 April
What time : 8:30 PM
What cars : BF1
Where : Kyoto Ring National
Qualifying : 15 minutes
Race : 23 laps
Afterwards : A few sprints afterwards as a bit of fun.
Patch version : Probably X if it is released, if not W (not W10)

Who

Nobo
KMSpeed
(-Mark-)
JamesRowe
BigDave2967
#2 - Nobo
Sign me up.
What does Dial K mean?
Quote from Nobo :What does Dial K mean?

It's a crappy taking the mick of a film called dial M for Murder. I am totally resposible
#4 - Nobo
Now i understand it!
Cu there
Yup should make it
Il do it for a bit of practice
By the way, this isn't just a training event for the Japanese GP, any BF1 driver looking for a bit of fun is welcome
Do you have to sign up, or can you just arrive and drive? I am slightly curious about the BF1, but don't want to signup as I'm going to try the car tomorrow and I might find out I'm hopeless in it.
Quote from Storm_Cloud :Do you have to sign up, or can you just arrive and drive? I am slightly curious about the BF1, but don't want to signup as I'm going to try the car tomorrow and I might find out I'm hopeless in it.

Turn up before 8:30 and you can race

I'll post the PW on the forum so if anyone wants to race they can (like ATC CNR does).
I'm in.
I'm in too .
if only i werent gmt -5
See next post.

@Gabkicks - As much as I would love to cater for the US drivers amongst us, unfortuantly neither me or Dan could make that time with out masses of Red Bull (I hate the stuff myself). If we found someone to host it, we would be perfectly happy to lend our name to US time slot events :P.
Server move. READ READ READ!

This will NOT be held on SGPA 1 and Event, it will be held on SGPA 2. Password will be posted in a few minutes.

Sorry for the text size
The server is running, password is "Your Mum".
Haha, lol @ password..
I'm in!
#18 - Jakg
its a few posts up, n00b
#19 - Nobo
I, on behalf of the SGPA, would like to take responsibility for the total and utter balls up that happened tonight.

There were lag issues, my connection was slower than usual. With hindsight, I should have left it to Dan. I would like to know if anyone on a 500servers server had any other troubles, though.

The no shift-s rule in quali was poorly explained, I will carry the can for that one. At least we have worked out that that rule is a bad idea and will be removed from the rulebook for the league proper. At least it didn't happen in a league race proper.

Several drivers - it's so obvious there is no need point fingers - clearly failed to practice. The BF1 is a different ball game to all other cars in LFS. It's braking is very good, which leads some drivers in to a false sense of security. That is totally unacceptable.

What happened at T1 was total and utter chaos, I will have another look as what I did look at was from the perspective of Soldium.

Bear in mind that hotlapping and qualifying practice mean nothing when coming in to the first corner. Shit can happen, and that is that an admin can't totally control.
#21 - Nobo
I havent mentioned a name in my post because i dont like public witch hunts, i deleted my post, hope for all league participants that you try to improve.
I have to agree with what Nobo said, some people took this practice event as a "piss up". Unfortunately it also is a showcase of this league and what people should expect from it, the level of professionalism was very, very low from both admins and some drivers.

I know it's only a practice but you should be bringing your best to show people this league will be run properly.

The BF1 has unbelievable closing speeds when braking, so caution and practice is needed, turning up with less than 5 laps and expecting to race is a very, very bad idea.

I'd have to agree with Garph, with the lack of preperation, motivation, discipline, and very little drivers signing on, I've been considering taking my drive elsewhere. Very little drivers turning up when I arrived, and after what I read, this option has popped up to my head.
T1 was carnage and was below the level that the SGPA expects from the drivers, i've reviewed the incident and waiting to confirm it with duke. Also reviewing the incident invloving Niko, again going to confirm with Duke.

However the admining as well was below the standards that we expect from ourselves, such as failing to explain the quali Shift - S rule

Also, a lack of experience in the BF1 caused a lot of problems as well tonight, so i'm sure all drivers will have had a good amount of practice before the season opener on the 16th
Sorry duke, but i must agree all my previous speaker. T1 was a desaster and it was no (hope the english word is correct) figurehead for the SGPA

i had only luck, that no one crash me. the BF1 is hard to drive in races. to much racers took it too easy, i think

The idea for the league is great. looking forward and think we all learn out of this practice-race.

(31 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG