The online racing simulator
Updated LFS Review at SimHQ
(43 posts, started )
Quote from Gunn :multiple setups for AI is possible (haven't tried that in a while though).

Yes, multiple setups and multiple skins is possible, but here's how I have to do it:
  • click options
  • click misc
  • make sure ai use player setup is highlighted
  • make sure ai use player colours is highlighted
This part, at least, only has to be done once....

Then:
  • choose my car, setup, and colours
  • leave garage
  • add ai car
  • enter garage
  • choose my car, setup, and colours
  • leave garage
  • add ai car
  • enter garage
etc until I have my desired grid...

Actually, I lied... I don't do this... ever... its a ****ing pain in the arse. I'm quite prepared to admit I'm wrong, and there's an easier way. Please, tell me I'm wrong, but until then I'll feel quite justified in calling this "cludgey".
#27 - JJ72
nah, you can make a skin preset with the same name as the AI. Then when you add the AI, the AI will automatically wear the skin.
Quote from JJ72 :nah, you can make a skin preset with the same name as the AI. Then when you add the AI, the AI will automatically wear the skin.

... but you still have to dodge in and out of the garage if you want to change the scheme... I think this was the reviewers point.

If I have all my F1 AIs in contemporary F1 colours, and I want to change that to a different seasons colours, there's no global way of doing it (again, to my knowledge..)
#29 - JJ72
Quote from nihil :... but you still have to dodge in and out of the garage if you want to change the scheme...

you can change the skins in one go in the garage.

well, the function to change a whole set of skin in one touch is asking for too much isn't it? I am sure it's not something of popular demand?
Quote from JJ72 :you can change the skins in one go in the garage.

well, the function to change a whole set of skin in one touch is asking for too much isn't it? I am sure it's not something of popular demand?

I don't think its asking too much, to suggest that more clarity in the interface would improve the software.
#31 - Jakg
Quote from Becky Rose :He paid extra for the SLi version of a motherboard and then only stuck 1 graphics card in it.

sorry to own you here, but he uses an A8N-SLi, you cant get a non-SLi mobo version of it, and (ignoring the DFI's here) its the second best 939 OC'ing board, the best (ignoring the rocking DFI's because their for 1337 underground OC'ers, and i'm not 1337 enough!) is its replacement, the A8N32

I have the A8N-SLi premium and only use 1 graphics card, but for £50 its a bargain (although a modded DFI LanParty Ultra, modded to the SLi version for £50 is a sweeter deal), esp seeing as it took my 40% overclock in its stride.

What is n00bish is the fact he bought a rocking CPU (an FX57), a top-of-the-line (DFI's are better, but not very well known) Mobo with SLi features..... and a 7300GS!

Why o' why would you spend so much on an (imo) overpriced CPU and buy a god-damn 7300!
Lol... i remember being stunned a couple of times when i saw that combo,

FX-57. 1000 dollar CPU at one point.
7300GS. 50 dollar GPU?!

Strange beyond belief....
#33 - Jakg
FX57 is a CPU for n00bs - i bought my CPU for £26 (well, my Dad bought it and i swapped my 4000 for it, but still) and its running .27 GHz faster than the FX57
Quote from Jakg :FX57 is a CPU for n00bs - i bought my CPU for £26 (well, my Dad bought it and i swapped my 4000 for it, but still) and its running .27 GHz faster than the FX57

Yeah, but that still doesn't change what it used to cost!

You probably know this, but i wonder what the 57's max oc would be. I doubt any higher than ur 3700. I wish i could get more out my x2 4800+, but any decent opty would start putting me right where entry C2D rigs would be looking good.

I'm an idiot for not going AM2... X2 6000 @ 3.0 GHz for $220... or better yet get a 5200 or around there and hit 3.0 Easy for less than $170... and DDR2 is so flippin cheap now....

And any C2D will give you X6800 performance... this is a nuts time for pc's...

all coz intel got pissed
#35 - Jakg
90nm AMD CPU's top out (max, some dont get this far) at 3-3.1 GHz, FX57's are what hold the WR's (on Phase change they will unstably get to about 3.8, i think the WR is 4.2?) because of the unlocked multi, but stably my CPU is just as good, and if it burns out, then its only £26 for a new one!
you ever experience any slow downs? you're cpu is blazing, but i just feel with dual-core, everything is so quick, the cpu never seem to get "caught offguard". if that makes any sense.
#37 - Jakg
in what? the bottleneck is my RAM (its 1337 TCCD, it will do 279 FSB - i tried!), seeing as my Mobo is screwy and wont let me go a single step over DDR400
Quote from Jakg :in what? the bottleneck is my RAM (its 1337 TCCD, it will do 279 FSB - i tried!), seeing as my Mobo is screwy and wont let me go a single step over DDR400

sorry, not in gaming, but if something intensive is running, and you start something else, is that quickness still there?

I never had high-end single core, and the dual-core really changed the way i thought about computing, or rather, stopped thinking about computing (the cpu anyway) in daily multi-tasking.
#39 - Jakg
yes, but the only app that ever stresses this in day-to-day computing is Photoshop (when loading - RAM bottleneck) and 3DSMax (rendering, which i can't do atm), either way the performance "on the desktop" is more my HDD's problem than anything else.
yeah, i figured, still envious of your clock speed anyway. You ever going to get your G25 rma finished?
-
(Jakg) DELETED by Jakg
Guys, how about a chatroom for you two? :chair:
#43 - Jakg
Royal Mail seem to have lost it - i've filed a claim and i've bought another one, its in the post.

ATM LFS is dead to me because of my hardware and the constant pressure of practicing combo X for the STCC (which i've left until my exams are over), and with my exams looming closer (German Oral in 9 days) i don't think its a good idea to do it

Updated LFS Review at SimHQ
(43 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG