The online racing simulator
need some advice guys for the OWRL
since this is my first league and i love the FOX i need some tips on leaugues
#2 - Jakg
what do you mean? advice on what?
what to do in leaugue i know the rules just need someone with exp.
#4 - Jakg
erm... drive?

Race clean, if you take someone out or get involved in a... questionable manouvre, you'll start to acquire a reputation (not that i know how you drive)

Thats about it, tbh!
well thanks JAKG
#6 - Nobo
take it easy, stay calm and try to finish your first event in OWRL. Dont go for pb's in every lap go for consistency!
#7 - Jakg
if its a long race and you want to overtake the guy in front, rather than making a really dangerous move each lap which could end both of your races, sit behind, flash your lights (not that you can in an open wheeler) just to show your still there, ride his bumper for about a lap and see where he is slowest (ie where you gain the most on him), if he doesn't give you a slot then get ready to take him on that bend
And IF you accidentally crash with someone dont just go on but wait until he passed you again.

That would be an intellegent thing to do (sorry ).
Might want to change your signature, too. That is absolutely, DEFCOM I critical.
Just push when you need to, and don't go full-out every single lap. Don't dive in front of other drivers to snatch a corner; drive clean. You should be fine and have a lot of fun
Quote from zeugnimod :And IF you accidentally crash with someone dont just go on but wait until he passed you again.

That would be an intellegent thing to do (sorry ).

Yes, this is a good point. Sadly lacking from everyday servers, but should be basic racing etiquette
and dont do what i did in the last OWRL F1 race at blackwood.
in 4th place and ran out of fuel 3 turns from home.
#13 - th84
Just dont crash!!
To be honest, given that you have only completed 1 online race in LFS, my advice would be don't join any leagues yet.

It seems extremely likely, given your lack of experience, that you will not gain anything positive from taking part in any leagues at this moment in time.

Josh
Quote from joshdifabio :To be honest, given that you have only completed 1 online race in LFS, my advice would be don't join any leagues yet.

Lol, nicely pointed out..and that 1 race was a drag

Yup..I'd jump on a few more servers with the car your going to be racing, and get a lot of practice in mixing it up in the pack before you join a league.
Well said. Jump on other one-make race before joining a league first. League is much more different and serious, and OWRL is likely one of the best open-wheel league.

Practice more before the two-week gap and try to set a faster pb for higher server, then learn to race consistently, and also do some mock race with the laps provided on the owrl homepage ^^
#17 - Nobo
Havent seen he has only 1 completed online race and over 500 posts
Then my advice would be the same as Josh's
Do a full race distance practice some time before the event so that you know your tyres will last and you know what to prepare yourself for. Dont play LFS too much on the day of the race, have a go to warm up - but play too much and you could 'numb over' in the race.
The most important thing you need to learn is that pedal next to the gas is called a break, use it. Most people on these servers do not know about that pedal unfortunately. They think the rear of your car is there to slow them down enough to make the corner. Always remember it is you and only you that can keep from hitting the car in front of you, and at no time should the front of your car make contact to the rear of the car in front of you.

I would run some races against a full field of AI. That should get you use to the "be prepared to be punted if you are a hair slower in a corner than the guy behind ya, for what ever reason". People say that the AI is bad in this game, well after the week end I had on the stcc servers "but this goes for any pick up servers" I would say they are dead on behavior wise to "human" mentality. But even with this mentality I would suggest you use the stcc to learn how people "race <-- I use this term lightly" here in pick up servers. Just remember "hot lapping" is not racing.
#20 - Gunn
Look after your tyres for the whole race and don't try to be a hero on the first lap.
Bit of a thread hijack, but I've also just registered for the OWRL in the last couple of days. I missed the Fern Bay race but I'm looking forward to the next one in a couple of weeks time at AS GP. I had a race earlier on with one of the OWRL regulars and enjoyed it a lot.

I haven't done much league racing myself and in my very small experience there's a wide variation of success. I came 2nd in DSR's 2006 BF1 league to Forbin (which I was happy with) but then had a disastrous BOTT debut for Redline that's probably best forgotten

Hopefully I can do better than that in my favourite car, the FOX.

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG