The online racing simulator
Tutorial to put cars into games.
(7 posts, started )
Not LFS, obviously, but for either rFactor or Racer.

I've been thinking recently that whats the point of me making a nice 3D car and just leaving it in My Documents, only for me to re-format and lose it or it just sit there and I stick a render up on a forum. Also, sticking it in a game would give me some form experience with what I have to do to a model and prep it to be put in game. Plus I wouldn't mind driving my own creation one day. :P Also will look good for job/uni interviews.

But yeah, i've had a look and not found much on the process. I know a rough polly limit for the model, texture's arent a problem, but after that i'm lost. Like, exporting it as a certain file, using something else to get it in game... etc, i'm just stuck. lol.

But yeah, any help or links will be very, very aprishiated. And for some reason, RSC wont work for me. :S

Thanks, Dave.
No-one?
#3 - Davo
Why you're asking how to import cars into rcraptor or some other game on an lfs forum is beyond me. That's probably the reason for no answers. No one wants to see our beloved cars in other games anyway,
I aint putting LFS cars into other games... I'm putting my OWN cars into a game.

And why, well this is a 3D section on a motorsport games' forum... I thought there would be someone who can help.

Also, a game is a game. If I can show an employer / uni / whatever that i've had atleast some previous experience (professional or not) in putting 3D objects into a game, i'm pretty sure they would think a bit more of me.
#5 - Ian.H
Writing a tutorial to do it isn't much fun either (started to 12 months ago but never finished it).

LFS cars in other games?

Regards,

Ian
#6 - Davo
blasphemy
Quote from Ian.H :Writing a tutorial to do it isn't much fun either (started to 12 months ago but never finished it).

LFS cars in other games?

Regards,

Ian

[muffled scream]NNOOOOOOOOES!! D:[/muffled scream]

(7 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG