The online racing simulator
#1 - neRu
Getting LFS to accept 5.x.x.x IP-adresses
Im sitting behind a firewall from my internet provider, and so is my friend, meaning we cant connect directly and play lfs together. We have different internet providers.

Therefore we found a program called Hamachi which could establish a "fake" network between computers, through Hamachi servers. We got it up and running, and the hamachi-system gave us an 5.x.x.x ip. We tried pinging eachother with success, so we thought that LFS would work fine by now.

It just didn't. When i enter the IP-adress in lfs, in instantainiously* just refuses to try to connect, and just says "
you must enter a valid local network IP".

Howcome ?

*Typos are free
Hamachi won't work. Use the Internet option in LFS, instead of LAN.
You can run a hidden Internet server that will act like a LAN server, plus you'll still get all your online stats recorded too. Bonus. There's no other way to do it.
#5 - herki
Allowing hamachi adresses would be bad, because it enables crackers to use online gaming funcionality.
There is a very very easy way to overcome your problem, except I don't know if id get in trouble with Mr. Scawen for sharing how to-do it.

Like herki mentioned it would enable crackers to play online with S2 but you have an S2 licence, so

Edit : Im guessing you and your friend went to play S2 with your account, again I dont know if this legal or not as technically you're running a closed network for you and him
#7 - neRu
No, my friend and i have each our licenses. It's just so, that if i make an internetgame, hidden or not, or he does, we cant access each others computers, because of each our internetproviders firewalls.

We can tell it to join the "for example" game, it just wont connect both ways. So we thought hamachi would solve this problem, connecting peer to peer - through a hamachi server.

I cant unlock my firewall, i've tried. So has my friend (built in, in routers, locked by providers)
#8 - herki
Could you disable it in the router settings?
Or maybe create a PPPoE-connection and plugging your computer directly to the internet, without any router?
#9 - neRu
Our routers is locked by internet provider, and his internet comes through cabel-tv, and mine through the phone-wire, which now is broadband-use only. The router has a telephone connection, that we use as a regular phone.
Oh dear, ever thought about changing your ISP?

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG