The online racing simulator
what about u make copy of your LFS folder and install patch W in one and latest test patch in other? thats what i did
Quote from Fischfix :i am feeling it... the X is coming!

...not before Insim rewrite is completely done and tested, I think.
Quote from Alles :what about u make copy of your LFS folder and install patch W in one and latest test patch in other? thats what i did

I have W17 installed and just the W.exe in the same folder, seems to work or atleast with W10 it worked. It just gives an error about some translation string being too long.
Quote from lake10 :Im lost, i ve installed latest patch W17 and i only have 5 servers.
After that i ve installed W9 and its worst, i have 1 server.....

Wich one do i have to install to get all servers back?

Try going back and d/l'ing the U TO U32 patch first.
-
(felplacerad) DELETED by felplacerad : problem solved
Scawen, may I suggest something here? At the first post of the test patch thread, below the red letters "Warning This Is a Test" I propose to add a small paragraph like this also:

Quote :
How to install the Test Patch

To be on the safe side make a new copy of your current LFS folder and apply this patch there.
This way you can always have your original LFS folder intact in case you want to roll back to it, or to do some comparisons for bugs report.

What's the problem with different LFS versions. I have these and all servers. I'm sure there are people who have more versions installed.
Attached images
lfsx5.jpg
Something strange happened , dont know if it s patch related but my new pb and the lap time i did didnt match , see picture below.
Attached images
Image4.jpg
Some bugs
I have just joined a 47 player server and noticed some bugs when trying to join the race:
- My car joined right onto the track (qualy position) with the "Ready"-countdown, although the race was still under the way.
- Instead of "4/8" laps LFS displayed "4/1" (Edit: yes, like ussbeethoven it switched back to 9/8 after the race)

Edit: And another bug. All cars except your own disappear, this happend to all players on the server.
Attached files
joinbug.mpr - 1.1 MB - 209 views
lag.mpr - 1.7 MB - 204 views
Same here (was also on the server), but in addition to his post LFS switched from 8/1 to 9/8 after the race was over.
I can still "only" race against 19 AIs. Is this correct or should I be able to race against 31?
20 cars is the current maximum on a single player grid.
Improvement suggestion:

It would be better if the ai add menu wouldn't resize smaller when you add over 16 AI drivers. It could as well start a bit smaller so all the 20 AIs could fit without resizing. It is annoying because the button moves

Also while at it: http://www.lfsforum.net/showthread.php?t=23347
(add grid numbers).

I wish I could go /ai "20" which would add 20 AI's automatically.
you guys are giving scawen quite alot to clean up... and so am I with this post
Quote from gwendoline :@ Krane
I love devs'work since long time and all others changes and new inside last patch but i'm sorry but i'm human and each big change on insim system boring me a bit more each time and discourage me to attempt to made attractives events to gathered community around this game.
i think it possible to keep some compatibility.

I agree with you, We have had to put on hold the next season of the LFS: GTR League and development of our new system until the imsim changes are done.

Also we will now get a forum full of "this mod no longer works" post, but i also agree that the changes will be best in the long term.
Quote from Hyperactive :Improvement suggestion:

It would be better if the ai add menu wouldn't resize smaller when you add over 16 AI drivers. It could as well start a bit smaller so all the 20 AIs could fit without resizing. It is annoying because the button moves

Yes!
Quote from Hyperactive :Improvement suggestion:

+1
Can't wait till patch X. Yet I've seen more than 22 cars only at the [god blessed] oval track.
Quote from lake10 :Thats what i did Thanks dude

Thanks for answers, but when i said "Thats what i did, that mean that everything is fine now"

Thanks again

I ve installed an older version (U32) then LFS did all upgrades to Patch W
Quote from GP4Flo :
- Instead of "4/8" laps LFS displayed "4/1" (Edit: yes, like ussbeethoven it switched back to 9/8 after the race)

I changed it to 8 laps during the race when I realised the 1 lap problem. No idea where that came from.
//BUGREPORT

I don't know if it was already mentioned, but I realized when a quali starts you now start from pits but the speed limiter in the cars that have one isn't activated ... I think thats from the former quali system where you started on track!! Maybe this should be fixed or was it intentionally?

//BUGREPORT

Btw: Nice work again Scawen ... keep rolling!!!
Quote from nRcToretto :I don't know if it was already mentioned, but I realized when a quali starts you now start from pits but the speed limiter in the cars that have one isn't activated ... I think thats from the former quali system where you started on track!! Maybe this should be fixed or was it intentionally?

i really don't see this as a bug... i can also imagine that you have to start your engine first, engage the pitlimiter (if desired) and off you go...
one very strange thing happened to me liek 3 times now. when i joined the race from pits or one time from spectate mode i had my gears on R instead on N, so i got false start not knowing that its on R and pressed throttle eh .
Quote from Alles :one very strange thing happened to me liek 3 times now. when i joined the race from pits or one time from spectate mode i had my gears on R instead on N, so i got false start not knowing that its on R and pressed throttle eh .

Are you sure you are using W17 version?

That is supposed to be fixed:
Quote :Could start in reverse if changing down at end of last race

Quote from Tweaker :Are you sure you are using W17 version?

That is supposed to be fixed:

hmm im not really sure anymore :\ it happened on the day W17 was out but im not really sure if its with W17, i forgot
This thread is closed

Incompatible TEST W17 - 32 Cars
(341 posts, closed, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG