The online racing simulator
How do you set all your options to default?
I had a friend taking care of pets for day while i went out of state to visit some relatives. My friend had asked me if he could customize my LFS to his personal settings that he used on his home PC.

My issue is that while taking turns, or even steering left to right while on any normal road/track, it looks as if my car seat is sliding back and fourth, or as if my driver is swinging his head side to side. I've spent lots of time trying to restore my settings, and trying to get rid of the view issue, but nothing solves the problem.

If anyone can tell me how i can reset my view options so that my driver stays looking forward without turning his head, or without my 1st person inside car view moving/sliding around to the point of getting me dizzy while causing me to make bad judgements while Racing, i'd greatly appreciate it.

Or if any of you can tell me how to reset and restore all my options to default, without having to reinstall LFS, that would be great as well, thx.
A fresh copy of the cfg.txt would do the trick.

To solve your issue though, just turn the "steer look" function to button, rather than axis.
the "swinging" can be fixed when u set the g force bars to 0
Unless he was set the driver to look left and he steers left and visa verca?
Quote from Bob Smith :A fresh copy of the cfg.txt would do the trick.

You should haven warned that this will also reset all the other settings too.
deggis, from the thread title: "How do you set all your options to default?"
Oops

No one mentioned yet, that you just need to delete cfg.txt file (in LFS main folder). When you start LFS it creates a new one automatically.
Dont mean to create confusion, but doesn't the lfs/data/views/ folder contain all the custom views aswell? I just moved all the files in that folder and all my settings for "Look Function" "Lateral/Vertical Shift" etc etc got reset to default.

So, maybe if its your custom views (which is also an internal view in most cases) are ruined as well, you could try making a backup of the files in data/views and then delete them. LFS creates new "default" custom views for each car you get into. If it doesn't help you can restore the backups you made previously.

Make sure LFS is closed when doing this sort of thing.
#9 - wark
"Move view with animation" in the View menu.
Quote from wark :"Move view with animation" in the View menu.

It's named : "Acceleration shifts viewpoint:" in my menu. W,W9,W10 And yeah, that one stops all the head movements.
#11 - wark
Quote from JasonJ :It's named : "Acceleration shifts viewpoint:" in my menu. ...

Wrong one.
Quote from wark :Wrong one.

Who's wrong..umm.. ? me or you. Sorry. Which one is it?
This is my View menu:

I cannot see the one you named "Move view with animation"
Attached images
untitled.JPG
#13 - wark
Quote from JasonJ :Who's wrong..umm.. ? me or you. Sorry. Which one is it?

That's your custom view menu. I.E. the wrong one. Jimston is using the in car view.
He meant "Look function" (head turning with the steering), whereas you'd have only switched of the g-force animation, so you're both right...
#15 - wark
Quote from bbman :He meant "Look function" (head turning with the steering), whereas you'd have only switched of the g-force animation, so you're both right...

Quote from Jimston :it looks as if my car seat is sliding back and fourth

ORLY
Quote from Jimston :
If anyone can tell me how i can reset my view options so that my driver stays looking forward without turning his head, or without my 1st person inside car view moving/sliding around ..

LoL

And I didn't know Jimston was on about in-car view only. He never stated as far as I could tell. He could have been using a custom view. Sorry wark, I didn't notice the in-car option "Move view with animation".
#17 - wark
Quote from JasonJ :LoL

And I didn't know Jimston was on about in-car view only. He never stated as far as I could tell. He could have been using a custom view. Sorry wark, I didn't notice the in-car option "Move view with animation".

Obviously. :duck:

Well, bbman was probably right too, but this is silly. LFS should have a "restore/revert to default" button. Problem solved
Sorry if i confused anyone, just that i was trying to create in-car custom views to get rid of my swinging view issue, but the settings wouldn't stick. Infact even while using the custom view settings that matched the exact settings of the standard in-car view setup, the swinging would return meaning the new settings wouldn't stick.

Also thx for the info regarding the cfg.text file, that indeed did fix my problem.
Thank you and Good day.

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG