The online racing simulator
help with getting STCC gen
(11 posts, started )
LFS Stats
I’m the admin to Pro Racing Room http://proracingroom.com
I have all the Tools To Host on the Web . I have cpanel up to 20 domains .
I need some help with making a program or trying the best program I ever seen in LFS, it runs on STCC Servers .
I love to have that program to help are endruo’s, we hold them about once a week .(visit the site?) you will see the times and dates that they are held on.
We hold about 1 ½ races , it is to much work to do it all by myself or my blind partner ninja469 , this is a aussie server please give me a hand and I promise it will be fun .

#2 - Jakg
Becky's said while she will give you help on how to program the features, she will not give you the code
Longest sentence ever.
Beckey can keep it then
My grammer sucks i know but if becky what ever her or his name is doesn't want to share thats ok too . I am not a programer i fix computers thats it ! and race so i do need help (((alot of it))) just woundering if anyone would spend a lil time with me and fix server up so i don't have to do it manualy that sucks
Do you think you could retype your initial message to something a bit more comprehensible, because I really have no idea what you're talking about.
As and when I get round to finishing the luaLFS framework and updating it completely for the new InSim packets, I plan to have something like a very, very, very, very (I want to stress this point) basic form of an-STCC-like system shipping with it as an example, for standalone servers.

I do have rather a lot of stuff going on in my personal and work life atm though, so don't plan on it being here soon.

Other than that, I'm sure someone might be interested in producing a clone for you.
i have time
I have time to wait.
I have been doing this a few years running endruo’s , so the waiting part is no problem. I do work too! I know how it is to have no playing time lmao. And not making fun of my grammars (really sorry)
Man its so nice to see that people can make a judgement about his typing or his "grammar" before they answer his question, i read it loud and clear, just think of it as a puzzle lol jk!.

Barret i agree, STCC server has the best program EVER... (thanks again becky) I would assume you werent asking for the code, just how to do it, or where to start. Any help would be cool, Thanks guys
I wanted to offer the software to other servers, but there are some problems.

Firstly, the STCC is a lot bigger than most people realise, it's extremely comprehensive. It features a full back end web interface, and it runs on the server as an application - not as a service. It's an extremely verbose and comprehensive software package and it is still being developed, and with the new version of insim - currently it is being rewritten from the ground up.

The problem is that much of it is very specific to the STCC. The other problem is that there is a general consensus that the STCC system would not be welcomed if it became the only way to get an online race.

To combat these last two points i've invested and continue to invest in expanding my own services, whilst trying to finish off the first season of the STCC broadcast league, and updating to the new version of insim.

It's far from complete, for instance I am testing out new private messaging functionality and public chat channels (sending PM's to groups). I plan to tie this into a multi-format (Mac/PC/Linux) instant messenger application (dont panic, it'll tell you when the person you are messaging is racing or if they are idle/spectating).

There's single seaters and GTR's which are not yet even represented.

There are features which are not finished and features i've still not got around to writing.

In short, it's just not ready to be given away, and I honestly dont know if it ever will be.

Some of the features are available in existing applications though, i've not used it but VCom does track changes and restarts I believe? Also LFS Lapper does an aweful lot - the only problem there is many server admins 'turn on the spam' instead of using it more discreetly.

With the new developments in INSIM it becomes ever more likely that other INSIM programs can deal with just small aspects and lots of these programs - when they appear - can be used together.

As for me 'keeping it to myself'. Well, I think there are many server hosts who'd be willing to bring things to the table rather than say "can I have your system or i'll call you names" - and they would be far more deserving, I think... We already provide services to some other leagues, we in the SRA (and it is more than just me) just havn't found the need to shout about it.

Anyway at this moment in time, INSIM is about to launch in a brand new form on Patch X and NOBODY, including the STCC, yet has any software at all.
thanks for the reply!

(11 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG