The online racing simulator
Problem Getting Online!
(5 posts, started )
Problem Getting Online!
Well, Ive just bought lfs, and the online play is great, just i cant use it because it keeps coming up with an error message, this has only started in the past couple of days and im not sure why, its really annoying me because i really like the online mode and i really think it is the highlight of the game. It lets me on sometimes, and they are really the wrong times, so im just wondering if anyone has had this problem, and how did they fix it?

Thanks,
Dez.

( Wrong place to post, wasnt it. Sorry mods. Could you move plz? :S)
Attached images
waiting.JPG
noreply.JPG
that happens when you can't reach the masterserver, that can happen if it is down (wich is rare) or if your connection is having problems, stop all forms of downloads (p2p, torrents, mules...), it can be an isp problem or maybe spyware or viruses, best advise is check your pc to see if anything else is using the internet, if its all ok on your side then probably your isp has problems, the masterserver is quite reliable and only goes down for minutes if scawen updates something.
Quote from dez-2k7 :Well, Ive just bought lfs, and the online play is great, just i cant use it because it keeps coming up with an error message, this has only started in the past couple of days and im not sure why, its really annoying me because i really like the online mode and i really think it is the highlight of the game. It lets me on sometimes, and they are really the wrong times, so im just wondering if anyone has had this problem, and how did they fix it?

Thanks,
Dez.

( Wrong place to post, wasnt it. Sorry mods. Could you move plz? :S)

Make sure you're using Version W
Quote from Gentlefoot :Make sure you're using Version W

is there a whole new version available for download? or is it just the patch?

i am running version Alpha 0.5U, and have added Patch W. I haven't played for about a month or so now, but having come back to it, I can't connect to the master server

so far, have tried adding the server ports to the exceptions list of my firewall (please confirm they are 29339 and 63392) plus the lfs program itself. my housemate, using the same wireless network, can see them so it ain't the network firewall, but my pc can't, even with its firewall completely turned off.

switched to demo mode to see if i could find those servers, but same again, can't connect to master server. and now i can't unlock S2 again, because it can't connect to the master server to verify my details!

am i missing an upgrade? or is there any reason i would be blocked from the server? running out of ideas, and am totally gutted i can't use the game to it's full potential.

please help

thanks, Smithy
The patch is only from V to W.

So either download U to V and then apply V to W, or download the whole W version from scratch (recommended).

The Master server has changed, you can't connect with U.

It's all in the first page http://www.liveforspeed.net/

Problem Getting Online!
(5 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG