The online racing simulator
forum suggestion (is this allowed?) [it exists!]
not sure if u can suggest/request things for the forum but here it goes anyway.
i think there shoud be some sort of "help me improve" sub forum. Basically so new people or people who are new to certain cars/ tracks can ask for advice.
it would work by the person uploading thier replay and the people who watch it try to give advise on things like thier brakin points entry speeds and stuff like that.
i no some people may be against the idea but not everyone is as natural at racing as others
true there is a begginers section but thats just a mismatch of alot of questions not a specific thing is what im asking, maybe my suggestion could be added to the begginers section in some way
#4 - Ian.H
Isn't that what the search feature is for? You can even limit it to just searching that forum

Regards,

Ian
Quote from Ian.H :Isn't that what the search feature is for? You can even limit it to just searching that forum

Regards,

Ian

how would the search funtion get people to watch my replay and give me tips?
not entierly sure what u ment but thats how i understood it
#6 - Gunn
The beginner's section is the place to deal with this sort of thing.
#7 - Ian.H
Quote from SLIDE WAYZ :how would the search funtion get people to watch my replay and give me tips?
not entierly sure what u ment but thats how i understood it

Don't know about your web browser, but mine has a thing at the top known as an 'address bar'. It's just a text field where I can select the text, press ctrl+c which copies the selected text to the clipboard. From here, I'm able to press ctrl+v and as if by magic, the text I selected in the address bar reappears!

How do you use this technique in the real world? Quite simple.. you select the text relative to your thread and press ctrl+c (remember this stores the text on the clipboard). Then during a discussion, or another post, you press ctrl+v and bingo! Other people are able to click on the text and view your post!

Technology... truly amazing

2nd scenario...

Joe Sixpack finds forum and thinks "I can't drive for beans.. wonder if others had the same problem" so heads off to the search feature and selects 'Beginner Forum' as the forum to search and types in 'I cant drive for beans' as the search query. A few seconds pause and voila! He'll find your post which he can read and relate to.

Seriously... read up on how communication media works.. it's really a wonderful thing

Regards,

Ian
I learned most racing techniques by searching this forum and google. There are some really good topics swerving around here that will definitely make you go faster (the whole biggie and kev topic for example).
So if you really want to improve, improve your searching skills first.

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG