The online racing simulator
Extra setup sharing options
(13 posts, started )
Last night I was encouraged to post this by some other forum folks so why not.

I think with these highly populated servers dishing out setups can be a chore. If several people ask me for my setup, and I'm feeling kind, I usually just send it to everybody. Click click click click click etc This means a good few people in other cars get a setup they couldn't use if they wanted to, but they don't know that unless they know/find out which car I'm in, possibly confusing/annoying.

So why not have a single button to send to everyone with the same car as you are driving. I was even thinking why not have an "offer setup-ON" option too, so someone could share their setup without having to do anything, just a constant green (maybe another colour?) S for everyone to use on the conn list.. As long as it defaulted to off whenever a change was made or a new server was joined. I don't know, thinking out loud. Opinions welcome
I like all of them

+1 to all.
This is not directly related, but when receiving setup it would be nice if the setups would automatically name themselves. Current tracks abbreviation name and maybe the senders nick/username could be included in the name. This should be the default name for the setup when you receive it, you could of course input another name for it if you wanted.
Example to clear things up: I am racing in Blackwood GP and then somebody sends me their setup and I click on the receive button. Then the save as textbox appears and it reads "bl1 nick". I could edit that if I wanted or save it as is.

It would save a lot of thinking and typing, because I think those are the two pieces of info you would usually want in the setup name.
+1 to sinbad and geeman1's suggestions
+1
+1
+1
#8 - dev
+1
Quote from geeman1 :
It would save a lot of thinking and typing, because I think those are the two pieces of info you would usually want in the setup name.

Also the original name of the senders setup would be helpfull in the titlebar or so. You could then see if the sender has received it from somebody else or if it is his own.

+1 for the setup name preset idea.
+1

Also if possible, have something similar to what GTR/GTR2 does. In garage, you can look up setups in their online folders for whatever track/model of car your looking for.
+1 from the man who destroyed your car last night
Quote from sinbad :I was even thinking why not have an "offer setup-ON" option too, so someone could share their setup without having to do anything, just a constant green (maybe another colour?) S for everyone to use on the conn list.

I really like that idea
1+

I put the "+" afterwards because I'm different...

(13 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG