The online racing simulator
STCC Points system down again?
Okay. eairler I was racing in STCCa and I got third place and noticed I was never awarded points.

I went on to the STCC site to check my points to see if it was a mistake and it said "You are not authorized to view this site" and bla bla bla.

Is this an error or just matinance?
its almost pointless to search with a title like that...
Have the servers just dropped?

EDIT : Ahh..i guess the whole STCC system had dropped by the look of things.
Quote from XCNuse :its almost pointless to search with a title like that...

the devs renamed it because it was merged 4 times
Quote from The Moose :Have the servers just dropped?

EDIT : Ahh..i guess the whole STCC system had dropped by the look of things.

Yup. Just lost connection while winning.

ON LAST LAP!!!
Yup, dropped again.. though i was in second, so i don't care
Damn it, gone again...serious probs tonight...and this time i was winning
Quote from The Moose :Damn it, gone again...serious probs tonight...and this time i was winning

Yup.

If STCC servers keep doing this I might not come back to em.
Managed to finish one race but the server went down in the center of following one.
Yeah...this is beginning to be an issue.

Im never gonna be bronze lol,
#14 - SamH
They seem to be stable now.

Got through 6 races without even a hicup.
#16 - SamH
There are some intermittent network issues, most definitely. Most of the problems are completely out of our hands, and down to a company called Rapidswitch. Big company, tiny staff. I'm busy stabbing voodoo dolls of them at the moment, though it's not improving things much I'm afraid.
Ok, so after reading this thread, would my problem happen to have anything to do with this? My problem....

http://www.lfsforum.net/showthread.php?t=22915

Or in short, the last 3 nights I've had trouble in getting into the many servers getting a "Did not receive guest info" message. This is with all STCC servers as well as with others not related to STCC. I seem to get into the lower ping servers fine, which I assume to be US servers based on the ping numbers. As well as I was connected to Australia, which was 450 ms ping or so.

Though, I couldn't connect to a Franky500 server as well. The thought was my problem was related to "Most of the problems are completely out of our hands, and down to a company called Rapidswitch." (SamH). But, I don't know if that would have anything to do with Franky500 servers or the Caribbean Cruise specifically which is on Franky500 server...
Mike, as I was told earlier, Frankys servers and the UKCT servers are on the same transit, and at Rapidswitch is where all the chaos is happening.
#19 - SamH
Quote from mrodgers :Though, I couldn't connect to a Franky500 server as well. The thought was my problem was related to "Most of the problems are completely out of our hands, and down to a company called Rapidswitch." (SamH). But, I don't know if that would have anything to do with Franky500 servers or the Caribbean Cruise specifically which is on Franky500 server...

I don't know where individual 500 servers are located, but yes.. Franky and I do have the same provider for at least one of Franky's hardware boxes. By and large, though, your connection should be fine for the main part of the time, and may just occasionally drop your connection to the host. I'm not talking once per hour, but maybe 3-5 times over a 24hr period.

I'm suspecting a different problem entirely, if all you're getting is "did not receive guest info" all the time. Have you changed ISP at your end, recently? Or installed a new firewall/router? We can start with the basics, and work our way to the server to figure out the problem.

Also, open a CMD window and type:- "ping ukct.net -t" (no quotes). This will begin a recursive ping to UKCT. If you notice a lot of *'s, then there's a routing problem. In which case, press Ctrl+C and then type "tracert ukct.net" (no quotes). Let me know how many hops, and what kind of pings you get along the way.
Problem with the points system again? none being handed out on the experimental server right now.
#21 - SamH
Yep, our DNS server shut down again. I've restarted it, and it should all be working again.
Thanks Sam..your the man
#23 - SamH
The man with the dodgy DNS server, definitely

Tomorrow, we're going to reinstall some portions of Server2003's basic operation. One of them is the DNS server.. there are some problems on the server that make it far more high-maintenance than it should be, since we installed some critical updates and SP2. We're also planning an upgrade soon, to aleviate some pressure from the CPUs.

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG