The online racing simulator
Server Reccomendations? <new guy here>
Hello LFS people!

Just a little Background.

Been autocrossing for around 8 years.
Some IT class enduros at sebring and homestead as a co-driver.
College debt + marriage = less money

I got LFS to tide myself over.

So far I've had some pretty good battles on various servers but I haven't yet found a server to "frequent". Does anyone have any reccomendations for people on Eastern Standard Time? I live in SE Florida if there are any regional groups.

I'm just interested in some pick up races for now to get used to the physics model and the "flow" of the game. Maybe in the future I'll be interested in some league action but I dont want to make newbie mistakes in a league and ruin my name.

Anyway... Let me know what ya'll think!

-Slash
Just browse for all servers, join them and gain experience on as many combos (car+track) as possible.

There are some... err.... special servers available with... ahem... interesting rules which have caused much grief on the forums when people come screaming insults after being banned. You can find good racing on 90% of the servers, so experiment a bit and perhaps you'll find a specific car or track that gets you groovin'.

I'd stick to normal racing. Welcome aboard and have fun!

EDIT: Next guy's post is much more informative.
The STCC servers are the ones I frequent most, and add a bit of progression to what is a very open-ended sim.

You start on the Bronze servers and earn points for racing which the server keeps track of. As you get more points you get better licences which will unlock the different STCC servers. The upshot of this is that you find you are mostly racing with people of a similar skill you you.

All the times I've been on they have a decent amount of people racing too.
You dont have to be on a special server frequently. Just join the servers with combos you like.

Or add the drivers you had good races with to your buddy list on LFSW. Then, you can see on Live Alert if they are online and join these servers. Thats how I do it.
In the Eastern US I'd recommend LOTA, LOTF, CoRe and so on. In the UK and european realm there are plenty of good servers. Just look for one that's occupied and has an interesting combo, you're bound to have a good race or two.

There was some pretty intense XFR/UFR racing at Westhill last night in the LOTF A server, for instance.

See you around!
LOTF and CoRe? What Does LOTF stand for? Also I'm having trouble finding CoRe
LOTF = Land Of The Free

CoRe server = www.CoRe-Racing.com

LOTA server = LOTA League Server 1 (racing there tonight)

Bones: so that's where you were. We had some more great (and I mean GREAT) UFR/XFR @ Westhill racing on the CoRe server with the Fluid guys, and Boris Lozac, and a fellow named Matt Blackwood. Great, competitive racing to be had in many servers in EST, Slash.

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG