The online racing simulator
car towed from track
just a suggestion, but after playin a while today on STCC 1a i think the STCC servers need this.
on the Redline racing servers they have a mod where if ur have a bad enough crash etc then u car is takin to the pits almost intsantly to free up the track.
i was racing on SO earlier on in 1 of the chicanes a car had flipped and was just sitting there in the middle of the chicane and didnt even move! about 3 of us had to nudge it out the way just to carry on....
i think that if the car is damaged enough in 1 crash is should be taken to the pits auto or the player should be put on spectate, as some people seem to stupid to do it themselves lol.
anyway just a suggestion
Some servers have this, the oval junkies for example. Its a good mod and its a good idea for it to be standard.
NONONONONONONONO!

Part of racing is limping back to the pits. Please not auto-spectating, but drivers should be sensible and considerate when recovering from crashes. Flipped cars, maybe.
i only really mean it for flipped cars, because people never seem to reset their car and think they just gotta sit there until some1 flips them back:S if i spin out or crash i always limp back to the pits unless i decide to try a new set up or something.
i say it doesn't matter, but if cars are left upside down for more than 10 seconds, then it should boot them to spectator or the pits; and my reasoning is because we can't reset our cars anymore (which is a good thing)
I have a question: is it allowed on STCC (untill next patch, which give NO RESET option on server) to reset cars when fliped or laying on the side? Or it is required to pit in instead of continuing the race?
Not sure if insim is able to tell if a cars is upside down. Doubt it.
#8 - SamH
Quote from XCNuse :i say it doesn't matter, but if cars are left upside down for more than 10 seconds, then it should boot them to spectator or the pits; and my reasoning is because we can't reset our cars anymore (which is a good thing)

If cars are left upside down by the driver, and as a result cause an obstruction or disruption to the race, we'd definitely like to hear about this through the reporting system. STCC drivers are responsible for their actions and inactions. I'd prefer not to remove the individual's responsibility/accountability if at all possible.
Quote from himself :I have a question: is it allowed on STCC (untill next patch, which give NO RESET option on server) to reset cars when fliped or laying on the side? Or it is required to pit in instead of continuing the race?

Yep. Resetting is permitted on the (V9/W) STCC public servers. The (W10) Experimental 2b server doesn't permit it, and when the new patch comes out, it will not be permitted on any of the servers. In the STCC league, it's always been a no-reset rule, but that's always been a little bit separate from the public servers. Soon we'll be able to enforce that rule in all the public servers too. I've already noticed people that I've seen crashing and resetting in the past are driving with a little extra caution in the 2b server. Good news, IMO
I'm currently working on a brand new software management suite, hopefully it will be ready for the next LFS patch. When it launches cars that are stationary for too long are pitted.

This is because i've been called to the server many times to remove players who went away from their computer and then the race restarted. Cars which pull over and remain stationary too long will also be removed with the new system.

Additionally i've finaly fixed the idle time problem. Whilst we're happy for people to spectate on the STCC server, it has been something of a problem in the past where people stay logged in because they know they wont get back on - but then they go away from their computer for hours.

With the new manager you are free to spectate, but you will have to refresh your connection to the server every 10 minutes or so. There will be a command you can type periodically to reset your counter, and it will warn you with a minute to go.
Quote from SamH :If cars are left upside down by the driver, and as a result cause an obstruction or disruption to the race, we'd definitely like to hear about this through the reporting system. STCC drivers are responsible for their actions and inactions. I'd prefer not to remove the individual's responsibility/accountability if at all possible.

Yup. Because acording to the offical rules on the STCC site:
To ‘wreck’ another competitor is where a driver intentionally removes 1 or more competitors from a race. This can involve, but is not limited to: Going full throttle into the first turn; parking laterally across the racing line (particularly on a blind corner); driving the wrong way; or otherwise deliberately blocking the track or causing others to crash – including ‘revenge wrecking’.

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG