The online racing simulator
What is the best server to race on?
Ok I am new to the game (two weeks) and as of yet I am running the fox around Blackwood on a range of 1:12 - 1:19. So I am far from an expert or far from even what I cosnider to be good.... I am still using auto shifting and just now getting into manual.

I will not name names of races but one of the on-line servers I have tried aren't that friendly. If I don't pull over and almost stop to let them go past they will boot me form the server. If I am in open area I have no porblem slowing down and making room but if I am in the middle of a turn I don't want to always grab a new line due to a blue flag. I understand what BLUE flag is and don't block and run a simple line to make room when I can.

Can anyone recomend a good server that people respect each other and also race fast?

All the best...
#2 - joen
I don't think it's really all that related to specific servers. Every server has it's idiots. Just try not to let it get to you. After racing online for a while you start recognizing names, recognizing people who are nice and those who aren't.

You don't have to stop to let them pass anyway. Basically the lapper should determine when and where he wants to pass you. Ofcourse if you can make it easier for them that's fine, but it's actually much better if you don't deviate from normal racing lines much, certainly not in the middle of a corner. They have to pass you, you don't need to go out of your way to give them room. When they try to make a pass then it's just up to you to give them the room they need.

Just look around, try out other cars, other tracks. It's not much of an advice I guess, but I think it's the best way to go.
Thanks for the input.

I try not to let people bug me but when you find your banned from a server for a day due to some server admin booting you due to the fact you stopped him from getting a sub 1:08 lap... That is a real pain...

Having bad users I understand... Having bad admins... That is a bigger problem.
This thread can be useful: linky

I'd just pick one car I like and drive it until you feel confident enough to try the harder cars. FXR is imho a great beginner car, fast and reliable and there are always GTR servers running it with people to race with. Another class is the TBO cars on STCC servers, there is always people racing and the cars aren't too hard to drive
#5 - Alles
well i dont have a "best" server. For sure STCC servers are nice but there is no best in my opinion. The way i see it is, what cars you like, what racks you like and most important what would you drive in certain moments. So i guess if i would like to drive LX6 on BL1(or anything) i would just find server that runs it and drive there. But as we all know there are some servers that are "wrecker, ignorant drivers" based so i try to stay away from those.
Stcc
STCC ATW
good but some crashers, so watch out
The best server is one which you enjoy racing on. No?
Just because a server is busy or popular doesn't mean you'll enjoy playing on it.

All servers have good and bad points, so it's just a case of trying them until you find one you get on with.
I like to think my server "GentlefootFO8FOXRacing" is a good one. Not always that busy - usually only between 9 and 12 at night but those who visit are friendly and helpful to newbys. I always give my sets out. Because there is a choice of a very easy car and a very tricky car all standards are catered for.

I've never seen any real arguments or ban/kick votes. I don't stand for any nonsense if I'm admining.

So come join us sometime

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG