The online racing simulator
Talk about your close moments and Wins here
Yesterday on the Fern Bay Reverse, not the firsat track anyways.
2nd to last on start grid to win by 0.1sec, will get a replay on you-tube soon
A replay! Can tonix handle the pressure? Can I make the pass? 8 laps, ky2 with LX4. Watch Hyperactive vs. Tonix. If you don't want to watch the whole 8 laps, watch the last 2 laps

Good race

(version V replay)
Attached files
Ky2_goodrace.mpr - 667.9 KB - 112 views
#3 - Vain
Are scenes from the STCC league races allowed?
This is the battle for 4th place from round 3 (Aston Club) of the STCC. See the linked race results to find out who made it.

Vain
One of my first races in the XRT (which accounts for some rather 'loose' driving)
Due to being a rookie in this car , i spent most of the race in a defensive manner, which led to the closest finish I've been involved in. The whole of race, three(and at one point four) of us were locked together....at the chequered flag 0.08 seconds covered the top three.
Enjoy!

OT: i had one of those moments yesterday when i discovered a setup change that completely changed how the XRT felt to drive. I have now fallen in love with it and will probably never set foot in an FXO again.(in W10 anyway) Thank god (or the dev's ,would be more accurate ) for preload
Attached files
top 3 0.08 sec.mpr - 955.6 KB - 114 views
Quote from The Moose :OT: i had one of those moments yesterday when i discovered a setup change that completely changed how the XRT felt to drive. I have now fallen in love with it and will probably never set foot in an FXO again.(in W10 anyway) Thank god (or the dev's ,would be more accurate ) for preload

care to explain the change?
#7 - Jakg
I'm going for proper STCC (rather than the public servers), Round 1 (SO Sprint 2), last corner, i had the whole event sewn up, quali'ed first, fastest lap etc, last corner and my momo f*cks up pushing me into a wall, making me loose 1st

Battle wise, Round 3, last 5 odd laps of me fighting with Mr Pickard nose to tail, probably the best battle i've had in a while
Quote from AndroidXP :Preload added to setup?

Yeah..it was just most of the fast sets i was given used a locked diff which i found very difficult to drive with. Switching to a clutch pack LSD helped a bit, but since adding the peload in the latest patch i seem to have the XRT under control. I'm driving the car now...it's not driving me . It just feels so much more balanced during cornering.

So, nothing major..its obviously something that suits my driving style, and has given me confidence to drive the XRT at speed.
While in the UF1 server I was in 14th place on FE Gold. There was a dude behind me who kept passing me and I pass him and so on, so finally I got tired of it. On the bridge where you turn left I put my brakes on hard and eairly, then sped ahead I was expecting a smash into my arse but then I saw him swerve to "avoid me", he hit the wall, flipped into the air and as I went into the turn he flipped over me, clipping my roof, sending me on 2 wheels which I drove for about 4 seconds then righted myself and kept going. lol.
Quote :While in the UF1 server I was in 14th place on FE Gold. There was a dude behind me who kept passing me and I pass him and so on, so finally I got tired of it. On the bridge where you turn left I put my brakes on hard and eairly, then sped ahead I was expecting a smash into my arse but then I saw him swerve to "avoid me", he hit the wall, flipped into the air and as I went into the turn he flipped over me, clipping my roof, sending me on 2 wheels which I drove for about 4 seconds then righted myself and kept going. lol.

You say "lol", I say that is a maneuvre called brake testing and it's against the rules...

It sounds like you where having a good battle with another racer when you decided to spoil it...
#12 - Mykl
I got my first two STCC wins back to back yesterday. We were driving S03R. Apparently that's the one track I can actually turn out a competitive time on.

I think it might have been a fluke. In both cases I pretty much ran away from everybody else and the server was full. So either the good guys were getting wrecked or they weren't on the server.

The points boost was nice.
Quote from Becky Rose :You say "lol", I say that is a maneuvre called brake testing and it's against the rules...

It sounds like you where having a good battle with another racer when you decided to spoil it...

We were both lapped down and he knew I was messing with him.
Quote from GruntOfAction :On the bridge where you turn left I put my brakes on hard and eairly, then sped ahead . lol.

Hilarious.
Well done for admitting you drive like an idiot. Another person to add to my 'racers to be avoided' list.
Quote from The Moose :Hilarious.
Well done for admitting you drive like an idiot. Another person to add to my 'racers to be avoided' list.

Don't worry, Your a platinum racer and im bronze. I doubt we will cross paths. And even if we did I'd leave server.

EDIT: Yes becky after the Incendent I applogised and he said "No worries. I joined in the server a few minutes after you did (AKA Lapped down)". We are kinda friends anyway so.
#17 - Mykl
I've been on track with Grunt, and from what I can tell he's clean when points are on the line. Well, at least I've never had any problems with him around.

It's not my place to judge him for what he's talking about in here since I don't have all the information. Just saying that my personal experience with him hasn't been negative. Although if I were in his position having fun racing somebody, I would have kept on racing just for the fun of it.
Well i'm not taking action because I dont know the mood of the event, but I have made a note of the confession. Don't worry, the licence notes field has no maximum size.
Quote from GruntOfAction :I doubt we will cross paths. And even if we did I'd leave server.

:ices_rofl I'm not sure what I've ever done to you to get that answer

Anyhow..if you explained in your first post that you guys were messing around then you wouldn't have sounded like you were being stupid, and i wouldn't look stupid for calling you stupid

Apologies..though for some reason i don't think you will accept them.
Quote from The Moose ::ices_rofl I'm not sure what I've ever done to you to get that answer

Anyhow..if you explained in your first post that you guys were messing around then you wouldn't have sounded like you were being stupid, and i wouldn't look stupid for calling you stupid

Apologies..though for some reason i don't think you will accept them.

Nah I was just kidding with the leaving server.

No1 ever gets my humor. lol.
Quote from GruntOfAction :Nah I was just kidding with the leaving server.

Phew. I know i can come across as a complete arse sometimes, but i never thought I'd offended anyone enough that they would leave a server i was on Im actually going to hunt down a server your on to make sure

Lets get this thread back on topic
I had a great race with the XFG at South City Town Long. 7 cars all battling for the lead for 2 laps, then one wrecked, leving 6 of us to fight it out. Here's a pic.
Attached images
SouthCityXFGs_3.jpg
#23 - Mykl
Wow, I got seven wins tonight and somewhere in the area of 450 points. I won bronze last night and I'm over half way to silver in just one evening.

Endurance races rule!

I actually lost a position by .01 seconds tonight. I had executed a clean pass earlier in the race but got tangled up when the guy I passed decided to just run into me. The pass left me to the inside of the turn so I had to brake a little early. He decided that it wasn't so important to slow down and plowed into me. I guess it happens... oh well.

*edit* Upon review of the replay it may or may not have an honest mistake. I think he may have been expecting me to go wide so he could make a repass. But since it was a City course if I didn't slow down a little I would have smacked a wall hard. So maybe he turned in thinking I was going to go flying across in front of him. I don't know, doesn't matter... I should have done a better job of passing him.
Quote from AndroidXP :Preload added to setup?

ah that's all? I thought he found out something else, like using positive camber as a new setup exploit

anyone tried if clutch pack with preload is faster now than the locked diff? I did some hotlapping on BL GP and I improved my pb by 0.14 with clutch pack, vs my old locked diff time.
All I know is that the XRT became fun to drive and very predictable now. I guess the clutch pack LSD + preload will be faster over time, or at least on average, because more people will be able to drive it more consistently without the icky locked diff handling. But we're going way OT here, so I'll shut up now

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG