The online racing simulator
Force Feedback Settings you use/realistic
I´ve read several times that people have set there FF-settings to maximum.
My setting using the DFP Pro is: intensity: 40/20/20/20 % 360° in Logitech Gaming Software and 75 % in LFS.

Some people seem to have set there intensity setting to 150 or even 200 and 100 % in LFS. Ok, you´ll feel every stone driving over, but is that realistic?
Normally, you can drive a car with two fingers, you don´t need much strength due to servo drive.

Using my settings, I can feel the curbs, the sand and the FF tells me when my back is coming around well.

What´s your setting and why? Am I totally wrong?
M$ sidewinder wheel (gameport), no configuration in windows xp thanks to microsofts non-existant support for their own hardware, in lfs i use from 30 to 50% depending on car/setup/track.
100% is for nutters, atleast on this wheel you would need to bolt your monitor and everything else on the table and it would still vibrate the whole thing.
103% in game controllers, 60% in LFS. G25 wheel.

Edit: and 540° rotation
105% in Logitech Profiler, 40% in LFS. Wheel is a G25.
#5 - Vain
Quote from NikLaw :Normally, you can drive a car with two fingers, you don´t need much strength due to servo drive.

Unless you use a car without power steering. I can tell you that in the car I used for the track two fingers were not enough (215 Yokohama A048 tyres in the front and no power steering).

Vain
Sexy tire

I use 100% in Logitech profiler thingy and 90-100% in LFS with my G25.
#7 - Davo
THE AMOUNT OF ROTATION YOU USE ALSO HAS EFFECT on how much ff you use. The smaller the rotation the lwss f you need for it to feel as strong.

I use 105% in Logitech profiler and around 10-30% in lfs with 270degree rotation on a g25. Can feel plenty.
THE SUSPENSION HARDNESS, ANTI-ROLL BARS, CAMBER AND/OR COSMIC RADIATION also affects how heavy the FFB feels.

Sorry.

EDIT: Inserted a point to make a point.
#9 - dadge
with my dfp i have 540° rotation, 103% ffb and everything else turned to 0%. ffb in game ranges from 15% to 25% depending on the car. also i have centre spring enabled but turned down to 0% (the forward motion of the car centres the wheel when driving, just like RL).
and i don't use the profiler.
105% in profiler and in 60 in LFS with my DFP.
#11 - Davo
The forum is broken, why is aLL cAPS allowed again? It used to change it back to lower case?
It seems almost everyone uses more FF than me.
But shouldn´t be the wheel rotation very light, so that I don´t have to push against the motors? I can remember playing GT3 where I used to play with much more FF, but the FF was different. It felt right, but that amount of FF in LFS doesn´t feel right.
Quote from NikLaw :My setting using the DFP Pro is: intensity: 40/20/20/20 %

Does that mean all three, "Spring Effects", "Damper Effects" and "Centering Spring" have 20 % setting? TURN THEM OFF. LFS doesn't need or use these settings. Everything else to 0% except "Overall Effects".
@NikiLaw: What? Of course you should push against the motors. Please consider that none of the cars in LFS use a servo/power assisted steering. And even with it, I wouldn't count on two fingers if I drove over a bump in reality, at least not with my old car. I've heard that the newer ones have ridiculously strong servos, though.
Quote from spankmeyer :THE SUSPENSION HARDNESS, ANTI-ROLL BARS, CAMBER AND/OR COSMIC RADIATION also affects how heavy the FFB feels.

Sorry.

EDIT: Inserted a point to make a point.

right,
but we are saying here about effects from wheel not car setup side, right?

Logitech FFEx 190° - 100% in profiler (no centering spring rate, dumper to max, FF effect, spring(?) to 80%) in LFS - 15% to 25%.

I am used to run against curbs with no FF so now I like to feel it but I dont like when it wins fights with me.
#16 - mr_x
Logitech G25 at 270 degrees:

101% FF in control panel (I never use profiler) everything else on 0%

20-40% in LFS depending on the car
Logitech DFP at 900 degrees.

101% ff in control panel, all the other sliders on 0%.

900 degrees in lfs, with full compensation. 100% FF.
G25:
100% FF in profiler - everything else (center/effects) in profiler to 0
300 degree wheelturn

FF strength in LFS from 15(TBO) to 45(MRT) - depends on car/setup

With my DFP I used very similar settings.
Quote from LFSn00b :MS Sidewinder FF(USB) - 200%(full FF)

Bloody hell, how do you move the wheel

MSFF (USB) High in sidewinder control panel 25%-45% in LFS (apart from the UF1000@60%)
my sig. i use about 35-45% ingame. Shame on all of you people using 270degrees with a g25. you should only use 270 if you are driving the mrt.
Quote from Gabkicks : Shame on all of you people using 270degrees with a g25. you should only use 270 if you are driving the mrt.

Yeah, shame on them! I always use the degrees the car is meant to have in LFS. It can be a pain to change the settings all the time, but it's much more fun too
112% in control panel
Anything from 15%-40% in lfs
101% in CP
50% in LFS
720 Degrees

Using G25
DFP@540°
105% in CP
25%-40% in LFS
DFP 220° (Open) 300° (GTR) 360° (Others)

As for FFB I cant drive with it, It just doesn't feel right to me the its just too slow.

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG