The online racing simulator
Strange Disconnection/ Connection Problems
Hi Guys,

Hope you can help, i've been having a few problems with disconnects on lfs recently and can't work out the underlying cause - mainly 'cause i have no idea how lfs works.

The 'lagbar' in the bottom left: what does this measure the lag from and to? When i get disconnected the green bar (presumably mine) occasionally rises until i get disconnected. However, when this green bar is rising (and it rises for a good 5 seconds or so before disconnecting me) i still recieve all the car data and chat info etc without any lag what-so-ever (and indeed those around me recieve mine). So obviously i'm not lagging despite the lagbar indicating as much. This happens consitently on more than one server.

I've tried rebooting modem/ router/ PC and reinstalling lfs and even using QoS on my router to set the priority for the lfs ports to high.

Why would i timeout when i'm not lagging? Are these pings (for the lagbar) sent through on a different port to the game data?

Any ideas?

Thanks.
How often does this happen?
I had simillar issue 2 weeks in row one year ago.It was my ISP having problems locally for few blocks.

Do you have some packets lost?
#3 - brasi
same problem here

And more.. i can stay surfing the web without porblem... but when i try to connect to a server... so, i can some times but i can't be connected more than a few minutes.. then mostly cant reconect. I even lost the posibility of websurfing.... all this hapen when i try to use the LFS.

I also try downloading again the gam but the problem persist... Must be the ISP? must be a patch from MS?

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG