The online racing simulator
Timeouts - Vista
(7 posts, started )
Timeouts - Vista
My brother and I were both on the same server, and for some reason he timed out (but I did not). We just thought that it was something to do with his machine. (the itnernet did not die, nor was it being over used). (2meg ADSL).

The machine specs are well above required, he was using Vista and I was using XP (SP2).

Now, this happened numerous times, and we have tried everything (hardware, drivers, cables).

I have recently gotten Vista myself, and I am now experiencing the same problems.

Does anybody know what might be causing this?

Neither of us gets disconnected from MSN, or have problems with downloads.
Hmm... odd events...

I would say check your firewall, router, modem, Network Connections, but as Downloads and MSN is fine, I'm up in the air on this one,
#3 - garph
How are the computers connect to the internet?

Both connect direct to the router (wireless or cable) or does one computer connect to the router and the other connect through that computer?
i have no problems with vista! i connect to router with lan cable ( i think that is best and is :P) sorry tho i dont no whats up with your vista.
#5 - Woz
LFS has been made to work with the Vista OS. Thats said, Vista has a brand new network stack written from the ground up. New and mostly untested code is also in every other part of the OS.

The XP stack came from 2K and NT before it. It is mature and stable and has had much stress testing in the real world.

The Vista stack can't even handle remove file deltion without a network lockup. By using Vista you are still really a beta tester finding the faults for the business world while it decides if Vista is stable enough to even look at.

Don't expect stability in the OS, no matter how much MS says otherwise, until at least SP1 and probably not until SP2. Too much of it is new to have that stability yet. The fact you were fine on XP yet not on Vista highlights this.
Sorry to say that but I would be miles away from Vista now.
Its not a day I would not see or hear a lot of complaints against it.I have a lot of PC noob friends who bought Vista because they think its cool,new,better....bla,bla bla.The experiencs then are sometimes very confusing.

I would wait with buying Vista till SP1 at least.Seems Microsoft had so many years for developing Vista but still released Vista as very unfinished product.I dont remember seeing so many problems at start with Windows XP.The worst thing is that there are so many bugs Microsoft is aware and even not gonna fix it now.Thats I am saying nice customer support.Wake up Microsoft.

Try to shutdown the intergarted Vistas;s firewall.Might be the thing.
#7 - Dumpy
I have a shite computer and I haven't had a single issue with Vista yet as far as gaming, music production, or just regular day-to-day use. If I had to reformat again I definitely would not go back to Vista.

But, that's just me. And my guardian angel I guess?

Timeouts - Vista
(7 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG