The online racing simulator
Node numbers of sectors
(7 posts, closed, started )
Node numbers of sectors
Is there any possibility to get the node number of the last node in a sector?

I'm drawing a track and would like to mark splits and make some output like "Yellow flag in Sector X" but I don't know which node belongs to which sector.

Maybe include it in pth files :/
#2 - Stuff
I'm not sure what defines a sector or a node, but you can get "nodes" from the MCI or NLP packets using InSim. And you can match up the unique IDs of those node packets with the new flag packets to get that info too. Only thing I can think of atm.
I dont think the nodal locations of the sector splits are stored anywhere, so I guess it will come down to driving slowly over the split, stopping the car and then reading out on what node you are.
Well I hope scawen reads this and helps me ^^

Because evaluating every track or drawing it with the help of insim is not really a solution
Quote from GeForz :Is there any possibility to get the node number of the last node in a sector?

I'm drawing a track and would like to mark splits and make some output like "Yellow flag in Sector X" but I don't know which node belongs to which sector.

Maybe include it in pth files :/

You get these node numbers when a race starts in the IS_RST packet (Split1, Split2, Split3, Finish).
Quote from Blue-Ray :You get these node numbers when a race starts in the IS_RST packet (Split1, Split2, Split3, Finish).

Thanks, but I followed the latest insim changes quite closly and I already knew that
Quote from GeForz :Thanks, but I followed the latest insim changes quite closly and I already knew that

Oh, I just saw how old this thread is. XD
(thought process: front page -> new!)
This thread is closed

Node numbers of sectors
(7 posts, closed, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG