The online racing simulator

Poll : How am I doing?

Need ALOT of Practice
Need a bit of Tips/Practice
Pretty Good Smile" />
Doing Really Well!
#26 - Gunn
Quote from AlienT. :I am new to this game and forum, I find it amazing how many people seem to flame others for really no apparent reason, the poor chap was just posting asking for some advise.......

Yes, your observation is very accurate and I share your sentiment. Some poor guy asks for help and very soon there are a bunch of opinionated trouble-makers who not only show a complete lack of respect and empathy, but make irrelevant comments for no other reason than to be deliberately irritating.

No matter what the topic is, there's no brains or bravery in bullying, especially when a fellow member is simply asking for help. It is quite pathetic to see it happening so often lately. I am becoming much less tolerant of this style of disruption than I have been in the past. Such needless actions have caused many topics to be closed in the past, but I'm thinking that in future that I will feel no remorse in giving some of the bullys around here some time off from posting on this forum.

If any of you bullys can't help the guy specifically in the area he has asked for help in, you have nothing to contribute to the thread. He hasn't requested your opinions on what style of motorsport you ejaculate over or despise, so what makes you think he wants to hear your bitching about his preferences and choices?

Hijacking of threads by means of bullying and nasty comments will not be tolerated. I'm ready to start handing out the holidays to those who behave poorly to other members. It's intimidating, unneccessary, and counter-productive to the goal of a good online community. If you can't play nicely with others, get out of the bloody sand pit.
Quote from Gunn :Yes, your observation is very accurate and I share your sentiment. Some poor guy asks for help and very soon there are a bunch of opinionated trouble-makers who not only show a complete lack of respect and empathy, but make irrelevant comments for no other reason than to be deliberately irritating.

No matter what the topic is, there's no brains or bravery in bullying, especially when a fellow member is simply asking for help. It is quite pathetic to see it happening so often lately. I am becoming much less tolerant of this style of disruption than I have been in the past. Such needless actions have caused many topics to be closed in the past, but I'm thinking that in future that I will feel no remorse in giving some of the bullys around here some time off from posting on this forum.

If any of you bullys can't help the guy specifically in the area he has asked for help in, you have nothing to contribute to the thread. He hasn't requested your opinions on what style of motorsport you ejaculate over or despise, so what makes you think he wants to hear your bitching about his preferences and choices?

Hijacking of threads by means of bullying and nasty comments will not be tolerated. I'm ready to start handing out the holidays to those who behave poorly to other members. It's intimidating, unneccessary, and counter-productive to the goal of a good online community. If you can't play nicely with others, get out of the bloody sand pit.

Better start with me then sunshine especially after the disappointing PM the sooner you ban drifters rubbish from the forum and put it in a drifters forum the better I may be a bully to you, but put up a poll if you have the balls "should drifters have their own forum? and let the community decide once and for all

Cheers
Quote from ShannonN :Better start with me then sunshine especially after the disappointing PM the sooner you ban drifters rubbish from the forum and put it in a drifters forum the better I may be a bully to you, but put up a poll if you have the balls "should drifters have their own forum? and let the community decide once and for all
Cheers

A drifters section is a good idea, it would cut a lot of arguing down simply because if you went in there, you'd know what to expect.....drifting posts.....and so a lot of people just wouldn't go there.
+1 for a drifting section, just a small one perhaps that you can tag onto the league section with General Drift Chat and Drifting events. Its quite a big thing in LFS now wether you like it or not, and demo users are very into it. I actually remember I first started out drifting on the s2 demo, but grew out of it when I found racing so much more fun.

Anyway at least like has been said it would be easier to moderate, because then if someone who didn't like drifting flamed someone in that section, they wouldn't have a leg to stand on.
#30 - Jakg
Theres already a drift section - it's called LFS-Torque.net, move this thread into another sub-forum won't make the trolls go away
Quote from Jakg :Theres already a drift section - it's called LFS-Torque.net, move this thread into another sub-forum won't make the trolls go away

I kinda meant LFS have a separate total forum not sub forums I wasn't aware of a drift based site etc perhaps an automatic redirect to that site whenever the word drifter is detected?

Still waiting to see if Gunn will take the challenge and set up the poll?
#32 - Jakg
A poll like this has already been created only a few days ago, btw
If there was a seperate sub-forum then drifters could at least see it or you could at least point people to it or say that there is a section for drifting chat.

People might not know about that site or they might just think I have LFS, I want to talk about it on the official LFS site.
Quote from Jakg :A poll like this has already been created only a few days ago, btw

Never saw it sadly do you have a link?
Quote from tiagolapa :Do you realyse that proper racing drivers can do that but really dont care?
I give you the challenge... beat Blackwood wr. Dont forget to use all your sideways ability to proper control the car and get good splits

in the UF1
Quote from ShannonN :I kinda meant LFS have a separate total forum not sub forums I wasn't aware of a drift based site etc perhaps an automatic redirect to that site whenever the word drifter is detected?

Still waiting to see if Gunn will take the challenge and set up the poll?

1. But, I (at first) believed that I would get better feedback from this place, but apparently I was wrong. Also, you just said drifter, so hey, your post is sent to that site now? Not only that, think of the other possible meanings for the word drifter.

Quote from ShannonN :in the UF1

Immature.

FFFFF..No I won't swear because I respect this forum (now somewhat less ) But anyways, apparently I am never gonna get any help here. I'm never asking for any more advice from you guys ever again. This is stupid.
Quote from garph :A drifters section is a good idea, it would cut a lot of arguing down simply because if you went in there, you'd know what to expect.....drifting posts.....and so a lot of people just wouldn't go there.

That's the problem. A lot of people wouldn't go there.

Quote from ATC Quicksilver :
Anyway at least like has been said it would be easier to moderate, because then if someone who didn't like drifting flamed someone in that section, they wouldn't have a leg to stand on.

*literally laughs out loud* 'llol'
Quote from Cr!t!calDrift :That's the problem. A lot of people wouldn't go there.

So instead you'd like to fill up the general discussion forum with somewhat pointless threads, already-been-posteds, dragging old arguments and basically asking for a beatdown with classic posts like "drifting is faster than normal race driving".
Quote from Cr!t!calDrift :1. But, I (at first) believed that I would get better feedback from this place, but apparently I was wrong. Also, you just said drifter, so hey, your post is sent to that site now? Not only that, think of the other possible meanings for the word drifter.

Immature.

FFFFF..No I won't swear because I respect this forum (now somewhat less ) But anyways, apparently I am never gonna get any help here. I'm never asking for any more advice from you guys ever again. This is stupid.

Critical Drift
I apologise for being intolerant, But you don't have to start a flame war at every thing I have said.

I DO believe a separate forum would keep the peace easier, I'm sorry you can't drift, I'm sorry no one here really cares about how good you are or not.
That's why like so many posters it was suggested you need to approach ppl who are known drifters for advice on drifting.

I wouldn't ask a water skier for advice on snow skiing although the common thing is skis?

LFS may be common ground but the current fad of using it to drift is creating two distinct groups that need to both be catered for, two groups, two forums doesn't sound that unreasonable?

Cheers ShannonN
Quote from Cr!t!calDrift :That's the problem. A lot of people wouldn't go there.

If you want to talk drifting with other people who want to talk drifting, why would they not go there?

Or are you saying that your, people, wouldn't go to a drifting section, they'd just blindly post away about drifting as normal everywhere else but a dedicated dift section?

The only people who would not be there are the people who don't want to talk/read about drifting and they wouldn't have any answers or opinions anyway so you wouldn't need them to be there.
CriticalDrift, seems like you're just an attention seeker, drifting does not make you cooler or more elite, and not everyone would enjoy cars sliding around like drunk drivers, so you need to understand that.

Again, who would care if many people would visit a 'drifting board' anyways? My point is, if you really enjoyed and loved drifting, getting in touch with just a few other true drift enthusiasts is more than enough to make one happy. If you're one of those guys that just got into drifting (in LFS) hunger for attention/fame, well, I can assure you that we won't be seeing you after some time, cause by then you'll be just like everyone else "oh hey, drifting is boring, lfs a boring game, I'm going to do some other cooler stuff" ... they simply come and go, sometimes even making a fool of themselves during the process.

Speaking of which, if you're really interested in LFS drifting, you oughta give www.lfs-torque.net a visit, it's where most drifters hang out, I'm sure you'll feel more at home there. All you need is to meet up with the right group of people, simple.
As an ok racer/drifter (not great at either) I feel that these hardcore racers can make this board even worse with comments such as these. When i say worse, I mean that the demo racers who enjoy drifting get flamed for being 'noobs' or 'unskilled' when only wanting help and all these guys who have been around in LFS for a long time, have tons of posts and think that thier $.02 is worth more than someone elses $.02. I understand why there are alot of demo drifters. LFS is the only game where drifting feels close to what it should. I discovered that the first time I downloaded the demo WAY back in the day. (still miss unpopable tires).

A drifting section would be a good idea for people who want the access to all of the knowledgable people in here but dont want to get hounded by these racing trolls who think "either you race or you shoot yourself in the head for wanting to do anything besides race in LFS"

just my $.02

ps-for anyone who thinks i'm biased, i'm not against either. just thought i'd make that clear and not capitolize my i's. that is all
#43 - col
Quote from AlienT. :I am new to this game and forum, I find it amazing how many people seem to flame others for really no apparent reason, the poor chap was just posting asking for some advise.......

smallish rant over

Unfortunately, the OP has generated quite a bit of ill feeling towards himself by starting/stoking drifter vs 'gripper' agro threads... he often attemts to restart this pointless debate, and I reckon everyone is getting sick of it/him
(there's also his irrational, vehement defense of long term demo racers to consider)
So I guess there are plenty folks on the forum who are looking for any chance to take a swipe at the guy
Quote from spankmeyer :

So instead you'd like to fill up the general discussion forum with somewhat pointless threads, already-been-posteds, dragging old arguments and basically asking for a beatdown with classic posts like "drifting is faster than normal race driving".

Er, I never posted my videos before. Never did I say that drifting is any better than gripping

Quote from ShannonN :Critical Drift
I apologise for being intolerant, But you don't have to start a flame war at every thing I have said.

I DO believe a separate forum would keep the peace easier, I'm sorry you can't drift, I'm sorry no one here really cares about how good you are or not.
That's why like so many posters it was suggested you need to approach ppl who are known drifters for advice on drifting.

I wouldn't ask a water skier for advice on snow skiing although the common thing is skis?

LFS may be common ground but the current fad of using it to drift is creating two distinct groups that need to both be catered for, two groups, two forums doesn't sound that unreasonable?

Cheers ShannonN

Er...I never said I couldn't drift, I can, I just want to improve. You should have watched the videos . And I am not showing off to people, I just want some advice.
Finally, a post I can understand and makes sense. And I do agree, this is your is the most level headed post(in this topic.) Thank you

Quote from garph :If you want to talk drifting with other people who want to talk drifting, why would they not go there?

Or are you saying that your, people, wouldn't go to a drifting section, they'd just blindly post away about drifting as normal everywhere else but a dedicated dift section?

The only people who would not be there are the people who don't want to talk/read about drifting and they wouldn't have any answers or opinions anyway so you wouldn't need them to be there.

Im saying that I want feedback from many people, not just the few. And many who dislike drifting might go in there to flame it :/

Quote from StanleyCarter :CriticalDrift, seems like you're just an attention seeker, drifting does not make you cooler or more elite, and not everyone would enjoy cars sliding around like drunk drivers, so you need to understand that.

Again, who would care if many people would visit a 'drifting board' anyways? My point is, if you really enjoyed and loved drifting, getting in touch with just a few other true drift enthusiasts is more than enough to make one happy. If you're one of those guys that just got into drifting (in LFS) hunger for attention/fame, well, I can assure you that we won't be seeing you after some time, cause by then you'll be just like everyone else "oh hey, drifting is boring, lfs a boring game, I'm going to do some other cooler stuff" ... they simply come and go, sometimes even making a fool of themselves during the process.

Speaking of which, if you're really interested in LFS drifting, you oughta give www.lfs-torque.net a visit, it's where most drifters hang out, I'm sure you'll feel more at home there. All you need is to meet up with the right group of people, simple.

1.I like this forum, it is the community in general.
2. I, NEVER, EVER even said that I wanted to start a drifting vs. racing thing. I JUST WANTED ADVICE. Here, let's see, if anything, it is you guys who keep dragging this on, not me. PLEASE stop saying that I wanted more attention, nor did I say that I am more elite. I didn't want any negative attention, honestly. I JUST WANTED ADVICE SO THAT I MAY BECOME BETTER.

Quote from mattlikespeoples :As an ok racer/drifter (not great at either) I feel that these hardcore racers can make this board even worse with comments such as these. When i say worse, I mean that the demo racers who enjoy drifting get flamed for being 'noobs' or 'unskilled' when only wanting help and all these guys who have been around in LFS for a long time, have tons of posts and think that thier $.02 is worth more than someone elses $.02. I understand why there are alot of demo drifters. LFS is the only game where drifting feels close to what it should. I discovered that the first time I downloaded the demo WAY back in the day. (still miss unpopable tires).

A drifting section would be a good idea for people who want the access to all of the knowledgable people in here but dont want to get hounded by these racing trolls who think "either you race or you shoot yourself in the head for wanting to do anything besides race in LFS"

just my $.02

ps-for anyone who thinks i'm biased, i'm not against either. just thought i'd make that clear and not capitolize my i's. that is all

Thank you for your contribution.

Quote from col :Unfortunately, the OP has generated quite a bit of ill feeling towards himself by starting/stoking drifter vs 'gripper' agro threads... he often attemts to restart this pointless debate, and I reckon everyone is getting sick of it/him
(there's also his irrational, vehement defense of long term demo racers to consider)
So I guess there are plenty folks on the forum who are looking for any chance to take a swipe at the guy

I...do not..want to start this debate..please..make it stop *fetal position*
I don't really want to defend my demo status, honestly. To be honest, I just asked for advice for the whole time here. When did I say anything about gripping compared to drifting, and when did I ever say anything about the demo people, in this thread.

There is no reason for anyone to dislike me, but to be honest, I am really getting sick of this. I just asked for one bit of advice. Thats it.

To conclude: Shut up unless you are helping me to drift better. Honestly. No more off-topic posts.
Never for the life of me will I understand why ppl in these forums have a problem with drifting in LFS, and even more why they feel they can tell ppl what to do, like "stop drifting in LFS it's stupid" or whatever, when the guy was merely seeking advice. What's the matter, afraid drifting makes you look bad cause you can't do it? Seriously, I'll never understand it. I'll start hijacking XRT threads telling ppl not to drive the XRT cause it's gay and should be driving the UFR instead. As meaningful as flaming drifters. BTW I'm not a drifter, but I do like the occasional powerslide once in a while - IMO someone who's into cars and doesn't enjoy at least the *occasional* powerslide is either not really into cars or there's sth wrong.

Anyway, sorry CriticalDrift don't have time to watch the vids, will see them tomorrow.

ps. respect to Gunn for the great response (which I sincerely hope will be turned into action)
I don't have the time (Or the computer for that matter, but that's a whole other story ) to watch the demo's but as soon as I get a computer that's running I'll be sure to check them out.

One tip I'd like to give is that you should just go out and shell the 24 pounds for the licensed game and then go get a steering wheel. I've found that my sliding with my sidewinder wheel is a lot of fun with the FF off (It's a little harder with FF on because the wheel is really... jerky? :P )

I really can't comment on your driving but I know that you'd have more precision with a mouse than with the keyboard for racing..

Also: What's with the people flaming drifters? This game was designed for RACING no matter what way anyone chooses to do it. Drifting is fun, and so is gripping they're just two different styles of racing. Although I do have to say that gripping is much quicker on courses that have any straights in them at all. Drifting is really only effective on courses that have constant and sharp turns.
Sure, I just find it fun, and I ended up getting used to it :P

Hm, thanks for acknowledging me guys.

Hmm, I am fine with my control scheme, and my mouse is a laptop pad, so I am staying with the keyboard for now, I can run a 1:33 while putting alot of angle into it so I am good with my controls, I just need to know how I could make it a bit faster, I have seen people drifting much, much lower than 1:30 and I want to know .

S2, well it is $55 in CDN. I plan to get it next week (my birthay is an excuse for me to buy things :P) Speaking of which, I will go research the payment options
The payment options are pretty much as follows: if your money is received by the developers then you will get a key. :P

In other words, there are a lot of ways to pay, I used a paypal e-check, the 5 day waiting time for it to clear was killer though, :P
Our advice won't do a thing for you. Everyone seems to think there's a few magic words that come out of someone's mouth then your instantly an amazing drifter.

Nothing, but practice will help you.
Quote from mcintyrej :Our advice won't do a thing for you. Everyone seems to think there's a few magic words that come out of someone's mouth then your instantly an amazing drifter.

Nothing, but practice will help you.

Nah, but that one about not putting my car on the lip helped me control a bit more, so just tips like, (take that turn slightly wider) may help. I don't expect anything amazing. All I want is something to help me get a better edge.

Thanks for the comment anyways

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG