The online racing simulator
/start_race command
(4 posts, started )
/start_race command
this came up im my mind since we got proper false starts

how about a command like "/start_race"? of couse this must be a serverside option

what is the point of an /start_race command?

it would be very usefull for league races, instead all the cars drop on the starting grid magically, they all start on the pits, and the drivers take their cars to the starting grid

after every cars is aligned on the grid, one admin (race director) gives the /start_race command, the lights show up and start counting down.
when the green light goes off, the clock starts counting, just like a normal race

i know that it is fancy and useless stuff, but it would add some realism to league races and it will make we fell like we are in a real race, with all the "ritual" before the race start

and for sure, that is one thing to be in a "hardcore" mode
I kinda like the idea really, its not really an improvement to the game as such but it adds to the realism. You could also heat your tyres up a little on the way too!

Perhaps the way todo it is, someone does /restart - to begin the race, then you all have X amount of time to get back to the grid from leaving the pits, whoever fails to get back to grid gets bumped to the back of the grid for wasting time!

Would be very hardcore mode to line up your own car on the grid but would be kind of nice to do. Not sure if should be implemented though, im all for realism but there does have to be some limits as we are, when comes down to it, playing a game.
well, like i said
it would only be usefull for league races, otherwise it is pointless

and, of course, should be a server option

can't imagine start in the pits, do some warm up laps, line up in the grid and then race 5 laps

/start_race command
(4 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG