The online racing simulator
Setup Analyzers
(7 posts, started )
Setup Analyzers
I've seem a couple of the setup analyzers that are floating around....is there not one that can read the LFS setup files? It would seem (to me) that this would be the way to make one of these analyzers work. Open up a setup file with the program..and all the info is in there...you can see the effects...and change them and save them right there. Doesn't that make sense? Instead of having to manually input all the info..and keep going back and forth between LFS and the analyzer.

Is there not something like this out there?
Quote from WarBeer :I've seem a couple of the setup analyzers that are floating around....is there not one that can read the LFS setup files? It would seem (to me) that this would be the way to make one of these analyzers work. Open up a setup file with the program..and all the info is in there...you can see the effects...and change them and save them right there. Doesn't that make sense? Instead of having to manually input all the info..and keep going back and forth between LFS and the analyzer.

Is there not something like this out there?

I think the reason it's not available is because it would make it possible to download any hotlap and copy the setup. This would be unfair to those people who like to keep their setups to themselves.

However you can find ride height data and clues about spring rates and ARBs by looking carefully at the data the F1PerfView gives you.
#3 - Davo
I think Bob's setup tool can open sets and then you can adjust things in there and save it back out again.
Quote from Gentlefoot :I think the reason it's not available is because it would make it possible to download any hotlap and copy the setup. This would be unfair to those people who like to keep their setups to themselves.

Bit OT from changing settings in a .set file.

But this is now available, well getting almost all the settings from a replay that is. You use the LFS Replay analyser http://www.lfsforum.net/showthread.php?t=20056

It gives you most setings except the likes of tyres and downforce settings but you can already make a hell of a good set or a good combination with some of the new values you get from the raf file.
WarBeer - I have already made such a thing, head over to the unofficial add-ons subforum or just click the link wsinda posted.
Thanks guys Wow-Bob...GREAT tool....thanks soooo much for making such a useful item and sharing it with us! I think one of "other" tools I found was an "older" version of your tool.

Really great...helps a novice like myself understand things a little better

Cheers!

Setup Analyzers
(7 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG