The online racing simulator
Practice Portals
(4 posts, started )
Practice Portals
It would be nice in singleplayer mode, if we could as some sort of "portal marker". You could then place 1 marker before a turn...at whatever distance...and then one after the turn. Then you could keep practicing the turn without having to go around the entire track. This would be VERY helpful in learning key sections.

Also, when a race contains mixed classes of cars...we should get an "over-all" place ranking....and a "class" place ranking. This would be realistic and allow a fun mix of cars...then everyone wouldn't just pick the "faster" model.

Just some ideas
#2 - Davo
Quote from WarBeer :It would be nice in singleplayer mode, if we could as some sort of "portal marker". You could then place 1 marker before a turn...at whatever distance...and then one after the turn. Then you could keep practicing the turn without having to go around the entire track. This would be VERY helpful in learning key sections.

You can do this already by making a custom layout for the track and placing the start position where you want it.
A "practice portal" would be nice, but it's hardly realistic. So it gets a -1 from me.
And class results would be nice too, and would convince some people to drive other cars perhaps. I just hope it won't clutter the screen too much.
Yeah, I realize that the "portal" idea wouldn't be very realistic....but, we are on computers...and why not take advantage?... It's not liked you'd "have" to use the feature if you didn't want to. I will look into the custom corse setup that was mentioned.

Cheers

Practice Portals
(4 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG