The online racing simulator
A kind of "smart chat"
(6 posts, started )
A kind of "smart chat"
Ok, here's my idea. A "smart chat" feature, that if enabled, can put a user's name before the message depending on certain detection features. For instance, if you want to send a blue flag message, the smart chat would automatically place the name of the user closest ahead of you who is a lap behind you.

For example
WITHOUT smart chat - BLUE FLAG! BLUE FLAG! GET OUT OF THE WAY!
WITH smart chat - [username] - BLUE FLAG! BLUE FLAG! GET OUT OF THE WAY!

This can also be used for some other chat messages. For instance, if someone wrecks you and you type "wtf???" there could be numerous players on the track who thought it was them. With smart chat, the name of the player you made contact with would be automatically added to the message to clarify who the "wtf???" is directed at.

For example
WITHOUT smart chat - wtf???
WITH smart chat - [username] - wtf???

Hopefully you get my drift. I think this would be a pretty cool feature and would remove the need for tediously moving the mouse around while you continue to race.
Quote from BlackSheep720 :
For example
WITHOUT smart chat - BLUE FLAG! BLUE FLAG! GET OUT OF THE WAY!
WITH smart chat - [username] - BLUE FLAG! BLUE FLAG! GET OUT OF THE WAY!

But if you get close enough to them, LFS will pop up saying "Blue Flag..." And, sure, you can disable the flags. But, you can also mute messages too.
Without Smart Chat(tm): BLUE FLAG BLUE FLAG MOVE SPAM BLAH BLAH ETC
With Smart Chat(tm): [username] Excuse me, old chap, leader coming through! Be a love and give a chap some room, what? Ta ever so!
LOL, Hankstar.

Or how about:
Without Smart Chat(tm): BLUE FLAG BLUE FLAG MOVE SPAM BLAH BLAH ETC
With Smart Chat(tm): [SILENCE, there is already a blue flag message]
Would "[STFU N00B, there is already a blue flag message]" be more appropriate?
Quote from Hankstar :Would "[STFU N00B, there is already a blue flag message]" be more appropriate?

LOL

That one is getting in my binds collection

A kind of "smart chat"
(6 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG