The online racing simulator
Cant Host Dedicated?
(12 posts, started )
Cant Host Dedicated?
Just bought a new laptop & I want to host on it. I can host a non-Dedicated server and it works. But as soon as I try to host a Dedicated server it does not come up on the Master LFS List.

I can join it if I connect by my network ip to the server but not the Master list.

I am using a router and everything is setup correctly especially since non-dedicated works but I also need to join the server from my other computer which cant be done unless I host dedicated.

Thanks
"/usemaster=yes"?

Also, maybe the firewall on the laptop (if there is one) is blocking the program. If it's Windows XP and you are using the built in one, go to Control Panel > Windows Firewall > Exceptions and add LFS.exe to the list. I don't know if WF does block it, but just to make sure
Quote from andy29 :"/usemaster=yes"?

Also is the firewall on the laptop (if there is one) blocking the program? If it's Windows XP and you are using the built in one, look in Control Panel > Windows Firewall > Exceptions and add lfs.exe to the list. I don't know if WF does block it but make sure

That option is set to Yes,

As for the firewall I'm running Crappy Vista but I disabled the Firewall and my Antivirus does not have a firewall either.

I'm currently not using wireless hooked up with a Cat5 network cable.

Keep in mine even if I use the Dedicated Hosting program OR choose Dedicated host in the full game my server still wont show up for some reason.

Thanks
Aha, are you looking at the in-game server list? If you are, have a look on LFSW.

My internet firewall only lets me connect to a server on my network through its internal IP address, not my external IP. I can only connect to it directly, as you are doing with yours. If I go to the server list in-game, LFS will try to ping my external IP, which won't work, and so it won't show up for me.

That means that it does show up in LFS' in-game server list, for everyone in the world except for computers on my network. I can still see it on LFSW as the site is pinging it for me.

Maybe your router is the same... if you can see your server on LFSW, you're ok.

Edit: Seems that I can see it... you were online at {M0B} «CHOP»
ok for some reason its working now? lol Dont knwo why but great

Thanks for the help
Haha, glad it's ok now
I have some similar problem... I´m using the Host dedicated program to create a server. It appears in LFSW, but i can´t see it on in-game list. And if i try entering with "join specific game" (from other machine/network) i receive a "client connect:connect failed"...
I tried all that you said here, Control Panel > Windows Firewall > Exceptions and add LFS.exe to the list; disconnecting the firewall, openning the port 63392 and different king of server configuration...

Thanks...
Type 'ipconfig' into the command prompt (start > run > cmd) on the hosting computer, and try connecting to the IP address it says it has. Or if you are running the host on the same computer, try 127.0.0.1 .
Quote from andy29 :Type 'ipconfig' into the command prompt (start > run > cmd) on the hosting computer, and try connecting to the IP address it says it has. Or if you are running the host on the same computer, try 127.0.0.1 .

Do you mean setting the server (line "ip" in the setup.cfg) with that ip? it´s not working...
May be there´s some trouble because a have a router that connects itself to internet, that router goes to a switch and my computer (the host) gets internet from there.
That should be okay

Then try to connect to the same IP:
(edit: and the port you are using too )
Attached images
here.jpg
First: thanks a lot for your time trying to help me!
Second: i´ll explain the situation; i work in a computer store and PC´s are connected on a network receiving internet from a router (as i explained before). My idea is to run the Dedicated Host program in order to create an own "permanent" server on a PC at the computer store. I play LFS from another PC at home...
The router connects to internet via a dynamic ip, but it has assigned 192.168.0.1 as a local ip (network). I´m running the program on a PC that has 192.168.0.6.

setup.cfg (dedicated host program)
// optional: local specified ip address
/ip=xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx

// a high number below 65536
/port=63392

I tried here many IPs but nothing. The server seems to connect to master server and it appears on LFSW, but still not in the in-game list...
#12 - Davo
Don't use the ip command at all. Maker sure the IP of the computer doesn't change from 192.168.0.6. Forward port 63392 on the router to the IP 192.168.0.6.
-
(andy29) DELETED by andy29 : meh

Cant Host Dedicated?
(12 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG