The online racing simulator
LSF - LFS Stats Format.
(72 posts, started )
@Dygear
Your text is really complicate
I don´t know what filur means with speed, but I think it´s the line speed. A max speed should also be for the whole race not for every lap.
split and finish line speed is a good indicator for your driving skills.wich has been said by some racers after I added it.

Default should be a MSHT format but I understand the "need" of only one number because it´s much easier to work with it if you don´t only want to write the time out.

EDIT: @filur Yes thats right. Because of this we everytime write the 0. But if it comes its far in the future. Also we could write it in thousands, but in the race time it would be very high and much higher then unsigned integer
Quote from CLRS530 :@Dygear
Your text is really complicate
I don´t know what filur means with speed, but I think it´s the line speed. A max speed should also be for the whole race not for every lap.
split and finish line speed is a good indicator for your driving skills.wich has been said by some racers after I added it.

I was thinking of a way to say what sector they set their max speed in that would be denoted by the attribute sdX (SpeeD in sector X). How ever, if we are only going to use it as the overall top speed then it can just go into the lsf:driver tag.

lsf:driver username="Imphy" playername="^0[^3NRG^0] ^7Imphy" type="human" maxspeed="2360">

Saying that ... whas is the measurement of speed you are all using?
<lsfLive:speed>4715</lsfLive:speed>
Thats the one insim uses the smallest unit "ms".

My speed shows the speed on the line in all sectors and on the finish line also I have maxspeed.
But I won´t post anything new to this thread because you have your opinions so my word don´t has importantance.
At least I have to live with it or don´t support it, whats at least again bad for me
Quote from CLRS530 :Thats the one insim uses the smallest unit "ms".

My speed shows the speed on the line in all sectors and on the finish line also I have maxspeed.
But I won´t post anything new to this thread because you have your opinions so my word don´t has importantance.
At least I have to live with it or don´t support it, whats at least again bad for me

Don't take any of this the wrong way, we are not shunning you at all. We all have our own ideas, and some might not make it into the final format. Saying that, I really, really, really dislike the whole M.H.S.T thing. I would prefer the flat in.
I'm coming to this late, so I apologize for the disruption

I don't think I understand the goals behind this stats format? Multiple LFS add-ons and utilities are going to save in this format? To what end? Maybe I'm missing an angle, but the thrust of the discussion seems to be around displaying results on a web page. That seems like an "end result", rather than a "midpoint for exchange".

Now if the idea was to make an XML schema that held generic race data, that gets more interesting. If I could take the XML file generated from any sim (or any auto race, for that matter), and transform it in the same way as any other, that seems useful. I could write a single XSLT stylesheet for all of the results from the different sims my large league or team uses. I could easily compare laps on the same track run on different sims. You get the picture.

A schema that just mirrors the results of the LFS network packets doesn't seem as useful. Make the information race-centric, instead.

quick example:
<event>
<track name="Monza" configuration="2005 F1"/>
<qualify startTime="1176910077">
<drivers>
<driver name="Rob Heiser" car="BMW Sauber">
<lap number=1 time="80345"/>
<lap number=2 time="101988">
<pit time="10656"/>
</lap>
</driver>
<driver name="John Doe" car="BMW Sauber">
<lap number=1 time="0">
<dnf/>
</driver>
</drivers>
</qualify>
<race>
. Similar to qualifying
</race>
</event>

Obviously that's not fleshed out enough. Whether the race and qualify elements are lists of drivers or laps is beside the point, also. What's interesting is information that's shared between all forms of auto racing, rather than information that's specific to a particular sim.
Quote from rheiser :Now if the idea was to make an XML schema that held generic race data, that gets more interesting.

It would probably be quite simple to convert an LFS-specific format into what you have in mind.
Quote from filur :It would probably be quite simple to convert an LFS-specific format into what you have in mind.

No doubt.

I just went back and read the first message, and realized that the point is to make a common format for multiple add-ons. I'm not sure what the actual use case is.

I wonder if there is a generalized schema for race results. I'll have to do some investigation.
I don't think their is one, hence this thread.
I was talking about a general XML schema for race results -- like maybe one created by the SCCA or some tech savvy race series. I didn't find one for auto racing, but I did find one for regattas
Has there been anymore development on this, since LFS Stats is no more??
Waiting for patch X, i guess.
Indeed filur. Indeed.
Yes, I started to update my stats tool to support patch X. When this is done I will add support for the lfs stats format.
Well, Patch X is out, what do ya'll think? Anything missing?
-
(jscorrea) DELETED by jscorrea
Well, Patch Y is out, what do ya'll think? Anything missing?
Quote from jscorrea :Well, Patch Y is out, what do ya'll think? Anything missing?

I'll look over it when I get the chance.
So, yeah, I had the chance, and yeah. It looks pretty good . Better late then never I guess. I guess I'll put this out as a PRISM plugin later on.
So, you got a format?
I'd like to have a look at it as I'm currently clattering toghether my own stats script, that at last seems to arrive at a final stage ...
So, maybe I could use that format instead of the bunch of arrays I'm using right now
Well, actually I got a whole bunch of data, that I don't assume to be in that format, but one might at least take a look ...

Do you have teams/takeovers evaluated?
Quote from avetere :So, you got a format?

Yes, it's the spec that filur had a few years ago.

Quote from avetere :Do you have teams/takeovers evaluated?

Takeovers yes ... Teams ... Eh ... I'll get back to you on that.
Well ... filur's links don't work any longer, thus I can't see what he did there ...
I think I will complete that now as it is and consider a possible change of format later on, as I have to close the work down an go over to learning for a couple of weeks

LSF - LFS Stats Format.
(72 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG