The online racing simulator
Joystick to LFS E-brake????
(7 posts, started )
sure it is... i turned my 2nd wheel into a handbrake for a while, but over time it got annoing and in the way, but it was adjustable which i liked alot

dont need any program though, just make sure its plugged in and you should see it as you move it around in LFS
ok ty, yea I see the joystick axis in LFS, it's just that when I select the joysticks Y-Axis for e-brake, the e-brake is always half engaged and I have to push the joystick forward to disengage it and keep it there.

I have tried centering the axis but it doesn't work.
Does anyone know how to fix this???
Uh, You could callibrate it so that the center of the movement is inbetween the Joystick going back fully, and the centre position. So hold it about midway, then calibrate it there. So when you let go the natural center position is recognised as fully down. OR, you could use rubber bands or springs to hold the joystick down - With the calibration you have now. So that you've got more movement and a better feeling e-brake.
Quote from mcintyrej :Uh, You could callibrate it so that the center of the movement is inbetween the Joystick going back fully, and the centre position. So hold it about midway, then calibrate it there. So when you let go the natural center position is recognised as fully down. OR, you could use rubber bands or springs to hold the joystick down - With the calibration you have now. So that you've got more movement and a better feeling e-brake.

Aright, ty yes your calibration idea worked , highly appreciated, now I just have to figure out how to mount the joystick sideways
duct tape
giving me ideas... an old joystick i have kicking around is adjustable, so i can make it center at the top, not in the middle. i can change the strength too, i should try and set it up.

(7 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG