The online racing simulator
Round 8 Finale Discussion
talk about round 8 here
i failed.
Yes, a noob passed you! ^^ Pretty good race for me, very happy from my results but also a little mad a myself at the same time. At the beginning I made many mistakes that cost me few seconds and then I spun. Probably had a chance to be on a better place but oh well... Great fight with [Elite] at the end for 5th place!
Bio failed, a noob passed him and so did I
#5 - st0rm
from 4th to 2nd, im happy with that considering my lfs inactiveness hehe

Good race everyone!

dont cry Bio!
/me Removes the knife that doesnt cut much off off bio's hand
Don't worry Bio, you did better than me, lol.
I spose I went ok, with not much practise.. Don't know what happened on the start, someone was up the inside of the chicane so I backed off to let them through.. but instead they push me out wider and i lose a wheel in the grass, then travel up to the top of the hill. jack fell back down the hill eventually
I was a bit dissapointed.. Very dissapointed. I'm guessing it was lag though. Grats on mercury boys for taking out BOTT season 1
Quote from [DUcK] :Grats on mercury boys for taking out BOTT season 1

Thx, already posted on our forum saying how proud i am of everyone there, its been quite a team result too because we've managed to get 12 different drivers onto the grid, whether they wanted to or not in some cases (within reason obviously, only friends held hostage, not family, that would be going too far).

Best moment of the series is pretty damn easy to pick, it'd have to be round 2, where i can only assume somehow Viper infected everyone's computer or hacked into LFS in order to make him damn quick round there!
Ditto with st0rm today, Both bl**dy quick with a few laps down, but neither have done an event for about 2 years and have only played LFS on & off for the last year or so.

Also wanted to say congrats to [Elite], they've been pretty consistant through the series, but particularly because asside from ourselves they're the only team to have had 16 finishers from 16 starters. If 1st Racing did the maths they'll see how this cost them joint 2nd place .
Thanks to everyone thats taken part in the series, the standings flatter us and dont show how tight quite a few of those races were, so in the interest of making things fair im demanding all those non-Merc drivers join Mercury immediately, we wont accept a repeat performance next series

Finally, well done to Fusion for organising the series, its had a couple of hairy moments, and could do with some rules coming into play to clarify what is acceptable and what isnt, but bringing together 10 teams to compete together isnt an easy task, and i'll be damned if i'd get up at 5-6am for you lot thats for sure.
Can i say that Bio. Was a littile unlucky. So was Ducky. But hey thats racing. And since Mercury won you guys did a good job

Thanks for a good race series
Last time i raced LFS was in the F08 in BOTT so due to lack of practice i think i did ok. Got a 3rd place in quali and was happy with that and in the race i had a big spin sending me down the grass flatout and into the wall and i thought the slide was never gona end so i prob lost 2nd place because of that. I think if there is ever another BOTT you should look at a few things that happend and learn from the mistakes that was made running it and dont let members from a team racing admin the server as i did not think that the restart was needed as i did not have any lag and either did others and i feel the restart was a very very stupid move. The week before that we started a race and got 10 laps into it and then the real admin joined and said the race should not have started yet lol...So guess what. We had to stop that race as well. Fusion guys should run the event and dont let others do it for them because this is a good event and would be alot better if ran better. Thanks for the event Fusion and i hope you do it again.
Was a good race with iirc only 10 seconds in at the end. From my perspective was an ok race really, made up a few places of the start until i spun at the end of lap 3 i think and having 2 drivers hit me. I will take this chance to apologise to cP devil and one of the second noob drivers for spinning in front of them. From then i thought it would be a boring race and it was lonley, middle section of the race came and car started to handle really well and got ended up 10 seconds behind (iirc) a fusion guy but then last in the chicane race was over and just carried on to finish

The lag problem it was good that the server was changed, some people were fine but on the first lag lap there was a fair few people knocked off due the lag problems.

From what i took part in the league was good, DR didn't do that well but we only did a few rounds. Hopefully see you all next year.
#11 - arco
Reeeeeeeeeplayyyyyyyys anyone?
Awesomeness
#14 - arco
Thanks Kajojek! Off to work on the stats...
No problem. I did about 50 screenshots now, anyone interested? If yes, I'll upload them soon.
Quote from B11TME :The week before that we started a race and got 10 laps into it and then the real admin joined and said the race should not have started yet lol...So guess what. We had to stop that race as well. Fusion guys should run the event and dont let others do it for them because this is a good event and would be alot better if ran better.

For the record, for round 3 i was asked to cover for Arrow because he couldnt make it and nobody else was able to do this. I wasnt admin, and as i stated in the server at the time i dont have the power of admin, i'd just been asked earlier in the season if i could cover for Arrow who couldnt make the event to do it himself.
Round 7 started at the same local time as the other previous round, it shouldnt have thats fair to say, however there were 13 of the 16 drivers (+1, myself) in there that turned up for the event effectively over 1hr before the race started, Not one questioned the start, including a Fusion driver. Three people turned up at the correct time and pointed out the error, nobody else did, including yourself.

Secondly, so you got 10 laps into a race, regardless of whether we started a race or not you'd have been there lapping away anyway.
I never initiated the idea that the event should get under way without the organisers, that was done as a group of which you were a part of and could have spoke up at the time if you knew different, however it was kindly noted that when the incorrect start was stopped how everyone accepted responsibility for each getting it wrong rather than just blaming one person.

Yesterdays race would have been stupid to have carried on racing while the lag was there to see, instead the correct decision was made to seek an alterative server for the race. I'm guessing that the reason for the problems may have been down to the new W9 patch as Frankie had been testing its stability on the 500 servers, though it could equally have been completely coincidental. But if you'd have rather have carried on racing while most of the pack got screwed over by lag then thats your opinion to hold, thankfully IMO the organisers made what i'd say was the right decision.
What are laglaps for?
Correct reason would be for when you're in the connections screen and then go to the race, you can have problems with lag after doing this, so the done thing is to do 1/2 a lap (basically 30sec or so) of a lap and allow everyone to get sync'd up and sorted out.

Yesterday because of the lag which was in there I suggested we did a 'lag lap' but for the reason that people might be able to use that to see exactly how tricky the start would be in the first sector of the lap, ideally with everyone seeing it was laggy and taking things easy and whatnot, in the end it didnt help much and the original start it was soon realised that the lag was too bad to get a clean race from it (issues could easily have happened mid-race because of it, not just the start) which is why we moved server and once everyone got onto the track then we did a lag lap for the correct reasons, allow everyone to sync up properly.
Most series have one, but sometimes (as we did the first time round for the start) it isnt really needed.

Oh, and traditionally the done thing in most 'lag laps' is to basically act like a nutter and see who you can hit the hardest into T1, anything that brings a little chaos to proceedings, its nothing more than waiting 30sec to allow everybody chance to settle, get skins cached, stuff like that... except its a little more fun than parking there
I had a very busy weekend
Saturday work 8am to 4pm then working on my race car 6pm to 1am
(hence why i didnt put driver list up) fizzle snips wasnt sure if he was gonna race because he had a party that night but was there till 6am and drunk lol.
So it was me and Scott racing it the plan was to wake up at 5:30am to give duck a wake up call. but woke up at 5:45am alarm must of been going for 15mins . I rang him i was suprised he was already wake . normal that bird doesnt rise until 10 - 12am. Good job scott

So i had no practice until the 10min practice session. qualifying was ok 12th.. and Duck 5th. Our aim was to beat both cP drivers to finish 5th in the series and with Clownpaint on pole this was gonna be a difficult task.

First lap me and [XFR] Davo came together in the chicane which sent me up the hill and into the fence with damage but felt ok to drive and tyres were wearing evenly. I dont remember the race very well (i tend to do that in karts). then i lost concentration 4th last corner the lefthand sweeper before going under the bridge, understeered and slammed into the wall. more damage so i pitted. then B11tme was right behind me and blue flag was out going into the esses (sorry Keith)i got nervous and made a mistake crashed into the wall again! i was lucky not to hit him.
i was catching up to davo but kept making mistakes.
must of been from lack of sleep and being tired .
but was ok i guess

I would like to say Thanks to ducky for racing with me, 10th even with lots of crashes and 3rd fastest lap
Quote from PaulC2K :Thx, already posted on our forum saying how proud i am of everyone there, its been quite a team result too because we've managed to get 12 different drivers onto the grid, whether they wanted to or not in some cases (within reason obviously, only friends held hostage, not family, that would be going too far).

Having all your drivers participate is a big achievement on its own, then also winning the championship, grats Mercury, great job.

I did try to get more of our own drivers involved, but at the last moment had to jump in several times... You should fill me up on the hostage idea, seems like a plan for a next series

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG