The online racing simulator
any1 like rock/metal/emo/hardcore?
(86 posts, started )
Quote from SLIDE WAYZ :But seriously.... u spent all ur money on metallica cant stand those guys lol

Not all my money as i have bought other things but tickets were £47 so a fair price for a ticket. Older metallica is alright which is what they tend to play at the concerts. Also i wouldn't really have been bothered but they have said they wont tour so much anymore so could be one of the last chances to see them.
Really everyone has different tastes, im more a rock, melodic rock/goth (whichever you want to call it). So bands like Metallica, Iron Maiden, Nightwish, Within temptation, Stone sour, Sonota Arctica and at the moment really getting into staind.
Best Metallica-related quote I ever heard, while watching their video for whatever song it was, my mate said "I wish the landmine had taken his guitar".
Quote from thisnameistaken :

All metal songs are about death, dying, being dead, killing or being killed.

Dragons, demons, goblins, whatever. I don't read comics so I can't list all of the potential subjects for a metal song.

Ooh sorry - I just realised you left satan and wizards out of that list. I didn't realise you were admitting I was right!

Fantastic, you've just shown yourself to be completely ignorant. Congratulations. Best to stay away from commenting on things you know nothing about imo, you just end up looking stupid.
Quote from The Moose :Fantastic, you've just shown yourself to be completely ignorant. Congratulations. Best to stay away from commenting on things you know nothing about imo, you just end up looking stupid.

you got sense
Quote from The Moose :Fantastic, you've just shown yourself to be completely ignorant. Congratulations. Best to stay away from commenting on things you know nothing about imo, you just end up looking stupid.

Way to go berating me for reminding you how embarrassing your favourite band is.

I know nothing about metal "in your opinion"? What sort of a come-back is that? Show some teeth or don't bother!
HELLO I AM EMO and I AM NOT GAY,I DO NOT WANT TO KILL MYSELF,I HATE TOKIO HOTEL, I LOVE LIFE,AND I LOVE ALL THE !!!GOOD!!! ROCK MUSIC
Quote from dewyl :HELLO I AM EMO and I AM NOT GAY,I DO NOT WANT TO KILL MYSELF,I HATE TOKIO HOTEL, I LOVE LIFE,AND I LOVE ALL THE !!!GOOD!!! ROCK MUSIC

erm then u are not emo..... ur SCENE..... emo stands for emotionally hardcore.
It's not the topic of death in Emo songs I hate, it's the self-pity I hate. I love topics of death; and I love the demonic and grim-reaper related imagery, too. One thing about metal I do hate, however, is the "I'll see you in hell!" metality. I don't believe in satan, but if I did, I would not be a satanist. Who would want to go to hell? Seriously. The images are cool though lol
Quote from SLIDE WAYZ :erm then u are not emo..... ur SCENE..... emo stands for emotionally hardcore.

no it doesn't, it just stands for emotional

oups.. read the title wrong
Quote from thisnameistaken :Way to go berating me for reminding you how embarrassing your favourite band is.

I know nothing about metal "in your opinion"? What sort of a come-back is that? Show some teeth or don't bother!

No point in showing any teeth, I've encountered this ignorance about metal for 25 years.

Let's hear about your favourite band, and I'll do my best to remind you how embarrassing they are and how ignorant i am of you favoured musical genre
y has this turned into an argumetn any way??? i only asked if any1 was going to the download festival this year.
Best thing i heard was on the bott server last night. As clase as i can remember - when asked whats the difference between a metaller and an emo
"Punch a metaller and they will punch you back, punch an emo they will go write a poem about it"
I am with maggot, nothing against emo's as people, or the music and i like some of it. It is the self pity, self loathing. As for death just read discoworld as death is funny
so emo music is kinda rock too i love every kind of music favourites (i listen to hardtechno,and DnB too:Kentone,Dillinja,Pendulum,Dj Fresh,Underoath,Panic! ath the disco,SlipKnot,MCR,Fall out boy,Nirvana,Metallica and so on....etc.
Quote from dewyl :HELLO I AM EMO and I AM NOT GAY,I DO NOT WANT TO KILL MYSELF,I HATE TOKIO HOTEL, I LOVE LIFE,AND I LOVE ALL THE !!!GOOD!!! ROCK MUSIC

Thank god, you aren't brain damaged!

And Niko,
I have always enjoyed, now as an adult, how teenagers go out of their way to conform to be accepted. And twenty years from now, some of you emo youth are going to look back on the years between the ages of 13-24 and probably turn beet red from embarrassment.

Look: you are not the first group of youths to be whiny girls, who think life is unfair and use fashion and music as an outlet. Let us milk this, shall we?

1950's: beat poets.
1960's: hippies.
1970's: hmmm...I'll get back to this.
1980's: newwave.
1990's: grunge.

See? Here is my theory: Because a few million people fought and died from 1939-1945, and made the world, most especially America and Europe free and prosperous and a HELL of alot easier, from then on, it seems every decade has had it share of whiny nancy boys.

By the way, Tokio Hotel rocks. They are so hardcore, MAAAAAN.
Quote from duke_toaster :Thank god, you aren't brain damaged!

And Niko,

thx,but don't be sure bout it i have some very bad habits: i hate to obey to my parents
Quote from SLIDE WAYZ :y has this turned into an argumetn any way??? i only asked if any1 was going to the download festival this year.

Because we're on a web-based forum - software designed to foster pointless arguments.

Quote from The Moose :No point in showing any teeth, I've encountered this ignorance about metal for 25 years.

Well go on then, prove me wrong. Tell me that Cradle of Filth actually write very relevant lyrics that contain a lot of unique, wry or at least interesting observations.

Or concede that I'm right.

Incidentally; my favourite band is probably Fishbone or Cud, and I'm well aware of how embarrassing they both are - they make it a very endearing quality.
yes/no/no/no

Can't believe it took 2 pages to get to this answer.
Glam Rock FTW!

But about the debate about metal, I am a metal head lol have the long hair and everything haha But I must agree with thisnameistaken in part because alot of metal is mainly about those things but there are also some very great and talented metal bands! Megadeth being one

I'm happy being into heavy metal than all this new crap they pass off as rock emo whatever they call it.

Yeah it sucks ass. Nearly as 'low' as hiphop.
Quote from thisnameistaken :Well go on then, prove me wrong. Tell me that Cradle of Filth actually write very relevant lyrics that contain a lot of unique, wry or at least interesting observations.

Of all the songs from them that I have read the lyrics to, there is only one off the top of my head that is not about death that I can remember. And it seems to be about adultery. haha

I actually like the irrelevance of their lyrics. There's a great quote in the movie 'SLC Punk,' something along the lines of "You can't live your life through lyrics."

Honestly, though, the quality I like in Cradle of Filth the most? The poetry in the lyrics. They're written in (what I find to be) a very provocative way. The lack of prose, the diction, the illusions and the metaphors. I find it quite interesting.
Now I'm confused. I do appreciate your honest response, Maggot, but I've got one metal fan telling me I'm pretty much on the money and another telling me I'm ignorant. I suppose I can't be that far off the mark but some people get upset about it for whatever reason.

FWIW I quite like the fact that there is an appreciation of musicianship in metal circles, even though I don't like much (OK, any!) of the music. Luckily for me, metal isn't the only style of pop music that features amazing musicians, even though many metal listeners like to think it is.
The stereotype does have some basis (as nearly all stereotypes do). Especially in the 80s when the whole 'satan's army' fad took off. Not all metal is about death, or even about the devil and other such things. Likewise, not all metalheads are DnD fanatics (I have absolutely no interest in Dungeons and Dragons whatsoever. Although, I do have an interest in Warhammer 40 000, and Lego, so maybe I do fit into the stereotype in some way..). There are also a lot of satanic metal bands out there.

That's just the way it is. Not all of it is like that. For instance, there is a large Christian Hardcore movement which is hardcore music with pro-christian lyrics. Still sounds 'evil' but is far from it. There is also people, like me, who do not fall into the satanist movement. I'm not exactly pro-god (I'm Agnostic) but I am certainly not a devil worshipper.

It's like saying rap is all about hoes, money, and gangsta BS. Not all of it is, but most is. Anyone who simply dismisses the stereotype as false is just as ignorant as those who accept them as fact. Nothing is black and white .

any1 like rock/metal/emo/hardcore?
(86 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG