The online racing simulator
I stopped by the server lastnight for a few races and REALLY enjoyed it!
I dunno if its just me or the improvements since early S2 (when i last drove the FO8) but this car feels GREAT!
I'll be back on tonight for some more running! See you then
Quote from nikimere :I stopped by the server lastnight for a few races and REALLY enjoyed it!
I dunno if its just me or the improvements since early S2 (when i last drove the FO8) but this car feels GREAT!
I'll be back on tonight for some more running! See you then

Nice one Niki. Yeah - I remember these cars before the physics updates and they were a nightmare. Great now as you say. They still bite pretty quick but thats all good in my book
Quote from tristancliffe :The best car to learn Kyoto Oval is a broken down one - at least you have the enjoyment, excitement and pleasure of fixing your car, cut knuckles and dirty clothes.

Yeah - and if you're really lucky you might even get run over by some passing traffic lol
What track will you gentlemen be using tonight?
Can you guys give me an estimated time of "usage" of the server?
I'm at GMT -3...

Which server?

Cheers.
Quote from Meanie :What track will you gentlemen be using tonight?
Can you guys give me an estimated time of "usage" of the server?
I'm at GMT -3...

Which server?

Cheers.

Server: gentlefootFO8Racing
Track: Aston Historic
Busy time around 22:00-23:00 BST (GMT+1)

A few on from 18:30 onwards.

Hope to see ya later
Not to detract from what Gentlefoot is trying to do here, but I'd like to mention that the LOTA FO8 server will be open all this week with AS Nat Rev as the track.
No Westhill?
I'll be there but I have to leave quite soon, Austin Powers movie on tv
I've set the server to FE Gold now. 8 Laps. I've done a couple of laps and it seems like fun. Very different from the Aston and Kyoto configs we've done so far.
I was enjoying Aston Historic! I will give Fern Bay a blast, but I don't usually like that track because the curbs are made for the S1 cars.
Track is fantastic, much better than As Historic and just the right length for pick up racing
Dude, tweak, thanks for the setups man! Kick ass, and I love the FO8!
If anyone is totally stumped as to a starting point for a set you might like to try this edit of Tweaks FE3R race set. Swapped and adjusted cambers/tires and added a longer top.
Attached files
FORMULA V8_fe3 twk edi.set - 132 B - 176 views
Fun racing there on FE gold, virtually impossible to overtake though And it really is n00b central at T1 at times...still, i had a good time I'll be back for more later for sure.
I gotta say thanks to GF for the server, which has got me right into the F08. Fun car
Quote from The Moose :Fun racing there on FE gold, virtually impossible to overtake though And it really is n00b central at T1 at times...still, i had a good time I'll be back for more later for sure.
I gotta say thanks to GF for the server, which has got me right into the F08. Fun car

T1 at FE3 just seems to be an easy place to outbrake yourself. The reference points are few there and I find its kinda guesswork on lap 1. Best places to overtake are down into T1 after a better exit from the final turn and also the right hander after you go under the bridge if you get a good run off the fast left before it. At the sharp left at the end of the tram line is another place but its hard to get that much of a speed advantage to get down the inside there and I see a lot of comings together there as a result.

Great track though. Definately be back here soon.
I can't quite imagine how racing on that combo would be with 28 cars on the track, maximum we had today was about 8 or 9 and even then it was mayhem into the first turns!
You're right it would be mental. I've switched the server to Aston National for today. Hopefully we'll see a few more online after the GP finishes . Lots of people know this track and maybe a few of them fancy a different challenge to the FOX and GTRs.
Quote from Gentlefoot :You're right it would be mental. I've switched the server to Aston National for today. Hopefully we'll see a few more online after the GP finishes . Lots of people know this track and maybe a few of them fancy a different challenge to the FOX and GTRs.

You can count me in for that later after I watch the Bahrain GP.
I'll be there later today, and I also want to say THANK YOU to Gentlefoot for his server, had some good fun in there

BTW take a look at car usage at LFSWorld, FO8 in 2nd place only beaten by FOX!!

PS. n00bstart at Bahrein lol
Nice to see button do so well a whole three corners
Quietest night yet last night on my server. Aston National obviosly not popular and I must admit, I got very bored after doing about 30 laps round there - yawn.

So, let's choose a more interesting circuit for tonight. Not one we've done before.

How about any of these (cos I haven't turned a lap on any of these ):

Aston National Reverse - love T1 here
Aston North or Reverse
Aston Grand Touring or reverse (find GP too similar to Historic)
Fern Bay Black or reverse
Fern Bay Green or Reverse
Kyoto GP Long

Think the South City circuits will just cause too much mayhem in these cars but am willing to try anything once. SO Long Reverse would be quite cool.

So, let's here your opinions!!

GF
Any of those would do fine.

SO is not as chaotic as you might imagine. The lower speeds and proximity of the walls makes even the most recklessly aggressive driver tone things down a bit.

I will be there at some point tonight. Sorry for not showing up much and supporting my team mate's new venture, but I have been practicing for OWRL and OLFSL.
Quote from Storm_Cloud :Any of those would do fine.

SO is not as chaotic as you might imagine. The lower speeds and proximity of the walls makes even the most recklessly aggressive driver tone things down a bit.

I will be there at some point tonight. Sorry for not showing up much and supporting my team mate's new venture, but I have been practicing for OWRL and OLFSL.

No worries mate - saw you boys on there but want to try new track in the FO8 so didn't pitch up.

Maybe you're right about SO. What I really hate about it (SO Long that is) is the long acceleration section from the first split to the hairpin at the bottom of the hill. Just annoys me driving that section. In reverse config it's cool cos you gotta keep the back tidy while knocking speed off - much more fun.

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG