The online racing simulator
How do I use a setup I received?
Hi there.

I'm new to LFS and just had a setup sent to me by some nice guy. But where do I find it and how do I use it? What kind of file should I look for and where?

Best regards
Quote from Fantomas72 :I'm new to LFS and just had a setup sent to me by some nice guy. But where do I find it and how do I use it? What kind of file should I look for and where?

First, when someone send you a setup, you must explicitely receive it (use N to show connexion and accept the setup). Setup filenames begin with the name of the car and finish with ".set"

They place in one of the subfolders of your lfs installation (setup or something like that I suppose - can't check from work )

If the file is rightly named, it will appear in your list of settings when you are ready for tuning in your stands.

Have fun with racing and don't forget to share your own set when you'll become an ace (from the 'connection windows, use SS on a racer's name to send him your setup)

Bruce
Thanks for the rapid reply. You really have to time to check this board when you're at work?

I'd better go back and hope he'll still share his setup.
As a clarification they get saved in the settings directory.

To accept the setup, when the connection list is shown, if someone has sent a setup, a button next to their name, "SS", will be green. Click on that and you can save it. Next time you goto the garage, it will be there.

Edit: Ofc, dont you have time to check at work?

If you need setups, check out the Inferno Setup Field.

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG