The online racing simulator
Telemetry
(14 posts, started )
Telemetry
hey everybody,

i hope this is the right place to post this

here is what i want to do
i want to run lfs on one computer and view gauges and other infomation on the other,

i am not very good and even struggle setting up the dedicated server is there anything i can do
what u mean by gauges and other information?
tyre temps, speed, fuel?
search for outgauge
search outgauge where, i can't find anything in google or on this forum they refer to it but never a download link or how it works
"what u mean by gauges and other information?
tyre temps, speed, fuel?" yes that kind of stuff or lap times
Well, outguage is built in to LFS. It just sends UDP packets to the 127.0.0.01, the computer itself. To view this on another computer, you have to recieve the packets on the host machine, copy the packets, and send them to the other computer.
Both OutGuage and OutSim can be configured to sent packets to any IP address, no need to copy and resend.
ok so how i do that,

and i can't program or anythign
Quote from Bob Smith :Both OutGuage and OutSim can be configured to sent packets to any IP address, no need to copy and resend.

Oh yeah, it's insim that can only 'talk' to the localhost.
Quote from wheel4hummer :Oh yeah, it's insim that can only 'talk' to the localhost.

It is?! Must be magic how luaLFS can talk to remote servers..
so in the simplest of terms how do i do it

i have my two computers sitting here networked by firewire, how do i do it
It's easy, learn how to program, and then read the readme in your docs folder.
Easier said than done, mike. Not all people can go out and just learn something real quick, do you have any links that people could use when learning to program?
so this isn't going to be a download open the program and connect the two computers simple job

i think i might stick to lfsworld server live infomation then

Telemetry
(14 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG