The online racing simulator
Increased speed lag!
(4 posts, started )
Increased speed lag!
Been playin LFS online with full grids of 20 just fine for such a long time.

The computer is not the best, its a 1.6Ghz Processor with 512MB ram and onboard graphics cos its a laptop. But been running at high speed and just fine since about a month before S2 release.

About two - three weeks ago my ISP Blueyonder upgraded the internet connection to 12Mbits.. this was a network upgrade and was not personally requested.

Now I cant play lfs right, I have dropped from around 32 fps down to 20 max and 4.3 min. 20 is playable, but I can still see the lap, if you get me.

I cant understand why this is happening and wanted to ask if anyone else has seen the same...

And if anyone has any solutions or suggestions... or a way to slow down broadband so I can play again normally

Thanks people!!
Are you running on board NIC's? If so you might want to upgrade any drivers as they maybe more streamlined and take up less processor time. Also if you can afford it remove any QoS (unless you're doing clustering or fail-over, which I very much doubt), its pointless.

Other than that, I cant really think of anything at the moment
NIC'S ? QoS? Clustering? Fail-over?

Ok incase you didnt know by now... what the hell are those and how do I find out, you should know im useless with this "technologu" by now!!
NIC is Network interface Card.

Perhaps the NIC that is in your laptop is only 10 MBPS

Go on some computer sites/google the card up if you know the name, and post the link here, because that may be the source of the problem.

Increased speed lag!
(4 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG