The online racing simulator
Linux Dedicated Error
(5 posts, started )
Linux Dedicated Error
I have tried numerous times to get this server running, but it just will not have any of it.

I have installed WINE and it will not load, always complains about the X-Server. I have read several posts on this forum but none of the help seems to get my system to run it.

Anybody got any pointers?
#2 - Krane
Quote from Krammeh :I have tried numerous times to get this server running, but it just will not have any of it.

I have installed WINE and it will not load, always complains about the X-Server. I have read several posts on this forum but none of the help seems to get my system to run it.

Anybody got any pointers?

Do you start the server with /dedicated=invisible like it says in the Guide: Running a LFS Server thread right above this one?
I did read that, and that didn't solve the issue.

After a reboot, it seemed to have worked though.
I use Wine 0.9.20 on Debian to run the lfs dedi and all works fine out of the box. I have read that newer versions of Wine needs a X-Server, but I cannot confirm it.
The Wine packages for debian, etc. have basically most of X as a requirement, so you're usually better off custom compiling wine (if you're into that sort of thing).

Download wine source
Ensure libncurses-dev is installed and find-able
Ensure that no X related stuff is installed
Extract
# ./configure
# make depend
# make
# make install

It will complain that it doesn't have X, but works and is minimal in comparison to the prepackaged versions.

That is of course if you like running a slimmed down, headless server.

Linux Dedicated Error
(5 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG