The online racing simulator
"Buddy List"
(9 posts, started )
"Buddy List"
If this already exits, then please dont flame, but simply tell me how to acces/use it.

What would be cool, and is in a lot of other online games, would be like a buddy list. You could add your racer friends to a buddy list, that you could access at the main screen, to see who is online, and where they are.

I know you could go to the meeting room and type /find "name", but its hard to remember everyones S2 names, and it would be easyer if it was just there for you to look and check.
yep we have that.
LFSWorld does have a friendslist, including live alert and information where they are racing
How do you use it? Is it acessable through LFS the game itself? Or do you have to log onto lfsworld just to check?
no u cant use it inside of LFS.
u will have to log into LFS World in order to use this feature.
but there are quite a few good reasons to visit the site anyway, so why not?
Hack >.<
Not the most ideal solution. But it sorta works. It's just a simple and fast hack.

LFS Script File:

Filename: f.lfs

// This script is to search for S2 friends in game
echo ^3******************LIST OF FRIENDS******************

echo JasonJ
/find JasonJ

echo Sketchyrollin564
/find Sketchyrollin564

echo [RCG]Boosted
/find [RCG]Boosted

echo ^3********************STATUS********************

DOWNLOAD IT Unzip and put f.lfs into LFS/data/script

While on a live S1 or S2 server in game type :

//f

or

/run f

Produces this:

Downsides
- You need to add your buddies S2 names manually to the script, use notepad.
- The delay from the query means the output is sparated into names THEN status.
- You must be on a host to use it. But you don't have to be on track.
- You can't just click join and join the host that they are on.

But it might be useful if you want to quickly check if your mates are on-line without having to load up LFSWorld and search for your buddies one at a time. Once you see some are connected - you could then go and find them. If you run it from the Master server list or in the main menu it does print out your buddies s2 names - so I guess you could copy/paste their name into the "Find User Online" tool in LFS. So it might mean you dont have to remember all of their names after all.
Attached images
output.JPG
Attached files
f.zip - 261 B - 136 views
How do u get colours in ur text box?
Quote from Dalek0220 :How do u get colours in ur text box?

Hold the Ctrl key when the text box is on screen.
So how do you add a racer to your buddy list in LFS world, without going there and manually typing this? Is there a command you can type, while in game, to add them?
Dont confuse LFSWorld with the little script I just typed up. (Which I'm finding quite handy now... Woot)

In LFSWorld you browse for people and look up their stats screen. You can then choose to add them to your Buddies List and check out where they last were, if they are still on-line and at which server.

That little script I wrote is used by LFS directly ingame, purely to save you the trouble of having to open LFSWorld and search for all your buddies to see if they are online. And yes, to add more buddies to that little script you have to add them manually. Just follow the example ones I wrote in it and edit in your names of choice own using Notepad. You can copy and paste my examples and adjust the names to suit your own list of budies.
The Script can be run quite easily ingame by typing //f or /run f (You need to be actually online to use this command unfortunately.)

Once you discover (from within LFS) that your mates are online, you can use LFS and connect to that server that they are in. Rememer you can search for s2 peolpe using the "Find User Online" Button from WITHIN LFS multiplayer menu or you can use the "Join Specific Game" to connect to any server that you know the name of. The names of your buddies and the servers they are connected to are spammed to the chat in LFS when you execute the //f command. So you can still copy the name of the player or server using T, Up arrow and Ctrl+C on the one you wish.

If your having trouble figuring out how to use this script, I cant make it any easier to explain. Its just unzipping/copying the attachment in my previous post and saving it into your lfs/data/scripts folder and editing it with notepad to suit your own list of friends.

If your still stuck you should probably just use the graphical webpage LFSWORLD.net and look for your budies online there.
Attached images
LFSWorld_HELP.jpg

"Buddy List"
(9 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG