The online racing simulator
On board the XR GTR
(17 posts, started )
On board the XR GTR
Here's my video of Bawbag's current world record on South City Long (reversed).

This video is kind of like a tribute to the S1 South City teaser video. I tried to get the feeling of really being in the back seat of a racing monster. I also added lateral shift to the other one to more mimic the sensation. Some people prefer the one without lateral shift and some with it, so I decided to include both in this post. I hope you enjoy this custom view video

The sources for these videos are 1280x720 30fps versions, which were halved in resolution and then uploaded.

Specs: 1m 31s, 640x360, 30fps, XviD, MP3

1g lateral shift ON
Download: http://divx-291.vo.llnwd.net/stage6vid/1183074.divx (rename to .avi)
Stream: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Kn1NcxICwVg

1g lateral shift OFF
Download/stream: http://files.filefront.com/7207294
Stream: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FNQ6DiJ5Na0

Also, if anyone else has done similar stuff, please share
It's of course more entertaining to watch WR hotlap that is drive on limit but one thing simply sucks... flat shifting. It ruins the engine sound.

If you try to make it look as realistical as possible, reduce tyre scrub sounds (you don't hear that a lot in IRL race car onboards) and also reduce wind volume so the engine sound is clearler.

People should make more simple vids like this, pure gameplay from cockpit and no need for effects or music. Especially now after Patch W when the cars sounds at least remotely like cars and not bees (no need to hide engine sound ). If you go youtube.com and search for "lfs", look how many "my first drift" (with crappy quality and fps, usually with some horrible emo music) type of vids you get, those doesn't give very good image of the game for people that are curious about LFS.
Thanks for the sound tips. Makes sense

Yeah, the kind of "pure", nothing but in-game stuff ones are the best, in my opinion and I'm very interested to see how other people would do a cockpit gameplay video.
#4 - Vain
Quote from SlamDunk :Yeah, the kind of "pure", nothing but in-game stuff ones are the best, in my opinion and I'm very interested to see how other people would do a cockpit gameplay video.

Just look here.

Vain
hah, very nice!

I was thinking that doing something with that replay would be cool as most hotlaps you see are rather boring, but this one actually looked although it was going fast.

Sorry for the flat shifting, I was only going for speed, nobody told me there would be a video made of it.

Would also like to see more of this, as much as I love some of the better racing videos with music and such, the pure LFS ones like this still show the game off much better.
Why would i need to change the file-extension?
#8 - aoun
Thats fast!!
#9 - kompa
LOL! I wouldn't ever show that Tweaker's lap to anyone new to simracing, unless I wanted to make a point about a recent change in damage/physics...Horrible but amusing. Can I request a video of a lap which would actually be doable IRL too?

I like the lateral shift, maybe try using a bit of head tilt as well, makes the view shake. nice vid in any case, not dissing that!
Quote from kompa :LOL! I wouldn't ever show that Tweaker's lap to anyone new to simracing, unless I wanted to make a point about a recent change in damage/physics...Horrible but amusing. Can I request a video of a lap which would actually be doable IRL too?

I like the lateral shift, maybe try using a bit of head tilt as well, makes the view shake. nice vid in any case, not dissing that!

LOL, Exactly why I wanted a video of it .

There are some other pretty bogus things that happened when I was trying for that hotlap... like jumping the first right-curb completely and not touching the grass . Whacky.

BUT: SlamDunk that wasn't the world record lap, the 2nd lap was You should do a camera elsewhere in the video though. Like above the helmet, or off to the side, like you did with the XRR.
Quote from Tweaker :BUT: SlamDunk that wasn't the world record lap, the 2nd lap was

Haha... well, looks like one shouldn't capture videos half a sleep in the middle of the night. Oops

@deggis: The sound codec is MP3.
Keep in mind that Youtube converts it to mp3 no matter what codec you used in the first place.
Excellent videos captures the essence of LFS very well.

On board the XR GTR
(17 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG