The online racing simulator
Server Down
(37 posts, started )
Server Down
Yes the UKCT server is having problems, they do know about it. For STCC public server drivers it's been compounded by an update going out at the same time, but the last crash was before it had even been relaunched so i'm sure it's nothing to do with the SRA system. The server itself appears to have a fault, until then i'm sorry to say racing on STCC is ... well, probably best left for another night.

Sorry

EDIT:
Advance Notice
Maintenance work will be done on the SRA system early on Saturday Morning. To attempt to put in place new features and fixes.
Apparently it was running. We've gone back to an earlier version temporarily. More testing will be done on the update to identify and fix any flaws, if any. In the meentime hopefully the server will work fine.
Yeah all the other STCC servers went Private or something...

Must be part of the stuff happening.
Advance Notice
Maintenance work will be done on the SRA system early on Saturday Morning. To attempt to put in place new features and fixes.
cant wait
So does this mean all the new servers are on Saturday? Or just some of the new features on the existing servers?

As Legsy said, can't wait.
Becky, i'd PM you about this but you have PMs turned off so....

A certain guy named "Nouking" has been spinning and crashing me lastnight and still today, All he says after he does it is "I love you"..

Didn't want to have to make a giant topic about it so i put it here.
#9 - SamH
There are some critical updates to Windows Server that need installing, so we're planning to do a restart or two this evening, when/if things have quietened down a bit. Unfortunately these things aren't an option, and it does look like a fairly critical set of updates. We completed some earlier but there are more to go.

Forewarned, etc.. if the server disappears later, it WILL be back within 5 or 10 minutes. I'll try to let everyone know ahead of time
Nothing can be done about it then AFAIK
#12 - SamH
Jack's right, we can't take action on word of mouth. Always have a replay to back up your complaint, and we'll take action accordingly. We have to see it for ourselves, though.. hence the need for the replay.
Quote from SamH :Jack's right, we can't take action on word of mouth. Always have a replay to back up your complaint, and we'll take action accordingly. We have to see it for ourselves, though.. hence the need for the replay.

Owell i'll just avoid the wrecker as much as I can then.
Quote :So does this mean all the new servers are on Saturday? Or just some of the new features on the existing servers?

Sadly it's the latter. I'm still waiting on the co-locator to install a new rack before the new server can go live. I'm hoping for Saturday 21st April as the launch day of the new server box (as i'm busy this weekend anyway).

There's a full list of changes coming this Saturday (hopefully) and the next stage of expansions planned for the SRA in this announcement: http://www.simtouringcarcup.com/talk/viewtopic.php?id=548
Quote from Becky Rose :Sadly it's the latter. I'm still waiting on the co-locator to install a new rack before the new server can go live.

Just out of interest, who did you colocate with if you don't mind me asking?
I'm going with http://www.l33t-hosting.co.uk/ after experiencing their service on another server I was only to happy to go with them. The service is of a high standard. However on this case, I do appear to be in a position that I have to wait.

They felt that installing into an existing rack (they have 2) could cause the power thingy to overload.

Going elsewhere would be awkward, as the case is per their specification. By using MiniATX they get 6 computers onto a 4U shelf, which reduces the monthly rack space rental cost to me.
I see the silver and gold server is up...but where do i get my copper liscense from...because the server isnt up...

Excuse myself if im an idiot
Cheers, Harjun
Quote from harjun :I see the silver and gold server is up...but where do i get my copper liscense from...because the server isnt up...

Cheers, Harjun

The points stuff hasn't been working all too well lately so they might be down for matinance.
Quote from harjun :I see the silver and gold server is up...but where do i get my copper liscense from...because the server isnt up...

Cheers, Harjun

Not quite an idiot ... and not exactly blind. The new servers you can find on the STD filter rather than TBO - they use XFG+XRG for the 1a (S1+S2) server and UF1 (S2 only) for the 1b server.
#20 - SamH
or he's busy organising a petition to them to get them to setup their rack faster because the world of simulated motor sports is waiting for some guy to figure out the Ikea instruction manual...
#22 - SamH
Would be good! Someone should, for sure!
As a rough indication of the server setup, my current thinking is for the entry level server to be the FOX.

The second tier server I am thinking of making spend half it's time running FOX and half it's time running the FO8 with car changes probably syncronised with track changes (seems like the most convenient time to do the change).

The top server I will take a view on when people get nearer to it, but probably will alternate between FO8 and BF1.
Quote from Becky Rose :As a rough indication of the server setup, my current thinking is for the entry level server to be the FOX.

The second tier server I am thinking of making spend half it's time running FOX and half it's time running the FO8 with car changes probably syncronised with track changes (seems like the most convenient time to do the change).

The top server I will take a view on when people get nearer to it, but probably will alternate between FO8 and BF1.

Just FYI if u didn't see my attatchment in the other topic....
Attached images
A big error.PNG
Quote from Becky Rose :or he's busy organising a petition to them to get them to setup their rack faster because the world of simulated motor sports is waiting for some guy to figure out the Ikea instruction manual...

I'm honestly just trying to figure out whether they actually have racks (as in racks with measurements in U's) or whether it's actually custom sized shelving with measurements based roughly around U's.

I've seen both in DC's, and I've seen what happens on custom sized shelving all too often.

My thought was along the lines of;
if its a rackmount then it doesn't take long to order and build. Even less time to order pre-built, and often cheaper these days, they should be freaking out with their suppliers.

On the other hand, all I've heard is good things from Sam with regards to them, and the BS DC.. so

The only reason I asked was because I'm considering deploying a spare, albeit low powered 1u box I'd obtained via work, in the uk as backup for my rented boxes Something local would be nice, but since I'm a bit of a distance from London, its a bit expensive as the small DCs here have to get transit from docklands, etc.

Everyone I know either seems to be moving their boxes out of the UK to .de or .us, or using various companies at Blue Square atm though... Suppose they must be doing something right...

Server Down
(37 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG