The online racing simulator
Master Server At It Again?? [was down for two minutes]
Hi all, i just started LFS, and i went into multiplayer. As the list finished coming up, there was 500+ servers online. So i looked for CLC (my fav server ) and i clicked join, and it said that " could'nt connect to master server blah blah...." message. So i thought, i will minimise LFS, and have a look on there website and see if there is any problems with the master server, so i looked and i cant find any notices, so again, i brought up LFS, tried to join CLC and now, it said "server was not found on master host" and by now, im really wondering what the hell is going on. So i clicked refresh and now, there is only 200-230 servers online o.O'

Can anyone shed some light onto this situation??

Frenchy

Edit: just so you know, all my firewalls allow LFS to connect to the master server, there is absolutely NOTHING that restricts LFS...
Edit 2: there is now 592 servers online......strange.....
hey frenchy

i tried to connect too, and the sever was down. now it's up again but without CLC. maybe one of the admins needs to start the game up again

Matt
Ye ok, i will leave a message for them on the CLC forums,
back on now
Kk, cool
I was just updating the master server, so it was down for a couple of minutes.
i have no idea why its down as im not into those technical stuff...
is that just u guys are updating things on it and have to restart the server or something? or is it like unstability?

coz the old masterserver was not offline that often like this new one now!

but as i said i dont have any idea why this happens so when its just updates maybe we could like get informed via a newsletter...on the website or something as long as its not a problem to make this happen
Not really, it's not worth making an announcement.

It was supposed to be down for 10 seconds, but I had made a small mistake, so it took a minute or two to fix it and get it back up again.

I didn't know I was going to make a mistake, so I couldn't announce it in advance.

I was updating it for new features. The master hasn't been bad recently, there were a few incidents earlier in the year, for a variety of completely different reasons, coincidentally. There isn't some new problem that makes the master server more troublesome or anything like that. In fact it should be more reliable than ever now because it is running on a proper web server these days.
ok cheers for makin that clear to me

now i get it
New features?
Sounds promising...
Quote from Scawen :I was updating it for new features.

No wonder Geraldine looks so happy in photos - it's because Scawen is such a tease!!!
He must be a stud to have pulled a woman 9 years younger than him too. Is there anything Scawen isn't good at?

Edit: I forget, that time he had to ask you for plumbing advice

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG