(14 posts, started )
Bigger AutoX(Demo)
A wider AutoX can make we easy to make layout
Attached images
AU.JPG
AU_Bigger.JPG
#2 - Renku
No, no, no, no, no!!
Anything but adding stuff to demo, and IIRC demo users cannot make\load autox layouts.
I actually think there should be two more limitations.

There should always be more licenced users online - Simple. If there are 600 on each, and a demoer askes the server lists, they will get "There cannot be more demo players than licenced players. Buy S2!" or words to that effect. It shouldn't start booting people when licenced drivers get booted off.

A 15 second nag screen when requesting the server list - er, self explanatory.
Quote from Renku :No, no, no, no, no!!
Anything but adding stuff to demo, and IIRC demo users cannot make\load autox layouts.

I think he means demonstration on how to make the autocross area larger.
#5 - herki
Quote from duke_toaster :I actually think there should be two more limitations.

There should always be more licenced users online - Simple. If there are 600 on each, and a demoer askes the server lists, they will get "There cannot be more demo players than licenced players. Buy S2!" or words to that effect. It shouldn't start booting people when licenced drivers get booted off.

A 15 second nag screen when requesting the server list - er, self explanatory.

Nah, that's one of LFS' good points, that it is so unrestrictive. Demo users have a hard time online anyway, and they miss some nice features (auto-x, skin-download) and fun cars/tracks as well as clean servers.
And if I remember correctly, LFS wasn't made for profit, it was made to be the best driving sim out there. If our dear devs wanted profit, they would have sold their souls to EA or somebody almost as evil.

on-topic bit: Larger auto-x area would be great, yeah
Quote from DTrott :I think he means demonstration on how to make the autocross area larger.

i'm pretty sure he does too, i like the positioning scania it fits well, i'm wondering though, instead of having all that black tarmac like that though, rather have it like it is now right next to the school or whatever it is, then have the remaining 3/2s of that side be that same grey concrete

like this for a better visual
Attached images
autoxrebuild.jpg
Quote from Renku :No, no, no, no, no!!

I'm not demo user
#8 - Fetzo
i would like to have a bigger autox area. i like to build to build little racetracks, so i am running out of space all the time.

if this is implemented, i would like to have longer walls, too. just to keep the number of objects down.

p.s.:
sad, that most of the replies completely offtopic. read at least the first post, before you comment.
Quote from duke_toaster :I actually think there should be two more limitations.

I suggest one more limitation: Each time a demo user connects to a server, he has to do a double backflip in front of the webcam. XD

BTW collision detect needs improvements before focusing on the autocross IMO.
Quote from scania :I'm not demo user

I never said you were! Why did you add "Demo" to the thread title then?

Thread title:
Quote :Bigger AutoX(Demo)

He means demonstration, he is Demonstating how the autoX area could be made larger.
Quote from Renku :I never said you were! Why did you add "Demo" to the thread title then?

Thread title:

because his english might not be so good and he wanted to imply that there's a demonstration of his idea inside the topic? :faint2:

Edit: OOF David. Beat me to it.
Quote from DTrott :He means demonstration, he is Demonstating how the autoX area could be made larger.

Oh, now I get it .

+/- Don't care .
HAHA...thats funny.

Bigger AutoX(Demo)
(14 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG