The online racing simulator
4x4's
(101 posts, started )
nope, 4x4 and AWD are completely different systems

and yes, that is also the reason why 4x4s are always going to be trucks
but any car can be AWD, there was a huuuuge discussion about the difference some time back but i doubt i'll be able to find it, it may even be back from RSC times
+1
something similar to screamer 4x4, that instead of what are you thinking reading "screamer" brand, is a simulator, not an arcade

(try it if you can )
I'd rather have some small cars, or some electric cars, or even hydrogen cars than god damn trucks. LFS never pretended to be green, nor does the whole racing industry, but from what I know, the whole racing industry's goal is to convince people to buy a product/do something. I'd rather have LFS convince people to buy green cars than trucks.

Environmentally destructive cars such as battery/hybrids are sold to numpties on the grounds that they're good for the environment, so racing them would never garner more buyers - they are mutually exclusive markets
Only girls drive 4x4
But at least it's RWD, which I suppose makes me a butch girl?
Sorry Tristan, but your MX-5 just doesn't have the off road capabilities like my father's Wrangler... now it's your turn to prove what is girly about that one
(Ok, I admit, most of the time he drives it in RWD mode )
There is only one truly manly car. A pink citroen 2CV. When you see a man driving that you know he has got balls of steel and self-esteem of a pitbull. That pink 2CV also "compensates" for something. He knows he could kill you just by glancing you. And you know it too.
Quote from Hyperactive :There is only one truly manly car. A pink citroen 2CV. When you see a man driving that you know he has got balls of steel and self-esteem of a pitbull. That pink 2CV also "compensates" for something. He knows he could kill you just by glancing you. And you know it too.

Does Chuck Norris drive one?
Mybe lorry racing!!!!!!!!!
Quote from tristancliffe :Does Chuck Norris drive one?

didn't he drive a wrangler at some point in time?

i'm pretty sure he has, now i bet he has something that is worth a little bit of cash though
Norris doesn't drive. The car just follows what Norris has decided to be.
Attached images
the_norriz.jpg
Quote from tristancliffe :Only girls drive 4x4

Tell that to:

1.Robby Gordon
2.Mickey Thopson
3.Scott Douglas
4.Jeremy Runyen

and the list goes on and on.

Well, last time I checked, this:

http://www.gorancho.com/flash/rancho.html

race bred monster is way MANLIER than a hairdresser's mx-5.

Maybe it's tristan who's not MANLY enough to drive such vehicles?
i say f you and i say we should have racing 4x4s(corr style), monstertrucks, ofroad buggys, rally raid trucks and cars, trail 4x4s(camel trophy), rockcrawlers, lorries, gokarts, lawnmowers, wrc rally cars, group b rally cars, sprint cars, etc
everything that can be raced

james
Quote from Jamexing :Tell that to:

1.Robby Gordon
2.Mickey Thopson
3.Scott Douglas
4.Jeremy Runyen

and the list goes on and on.

Who? Sorry, but I've never heard of them. I might have heard of the first one, but as I can't be bothered to watch American 'motorsport' it's not definite.

Quote from Jamexing :
Well, last time I checked, this:

http://www.gorancho.com/flash/rancho.html

race bred monster is way MANLIER than a hairdresser's mx-5.

Maybe it's tristan who's not MANLY enough to drive such vehicles?

I have come to the conclusion that James was born without the ability to detect, use or appreciate sarcasm, irony and, in fact, humour itself.
Quote from james12s :i say f you and i say we should have racing 4x4s(corr style), monstertrucks, ofroad buggys, rally raid trucks and cars, trail 4x4s(camel trophy), rockcrawlers, lorries, gokarts, lawnmowers, wrc rally cars, group b rally cars, sprint cars, etc
everything that can be raced

james

Sounds like you have the wrong sim, rFactor is that way -->
the thing is im not saying go for it all i love lfs, and yes i have tryed rfactor but its just.... crap i think lfs could incorparate some of these things better and sum that rfactor hasnt got, trail off roading is one, wich are about skill but speed as well
Quote from danowat :Sounds like you have the wrong sim, rFactor is that way -->

NFS is right, rFactor's LEFT ... GPS playing up?

Anywho, having fired Screamer 4x4 up again I can safely say its everything I want from an off-road sim ... it has a mix of trail and trials driving and a nice mix of 4x4s with a Unimog and Rama 6x6 truck for 'serious' use Now if someone could update it, that would be very cool!
Quote from JamesK :NFS is right, rFactor's LEFT ... GPS playing up?

Anywho, having fired Screamer 4x4 up again I can safely say its everything I want from an off-road sim ... it has a mix of trail and trials driving and a nice mix of 4x4s with a Unimog and Rama 6x6 truck for 'serious' use Now if someone could update it, that would be very cool!

this is what i was tryin to say we need that sort of thing but with desent grafics and pysics and a proper community online so i thought that lfs would be a perfect platform, plus another one is drag racing, i think that a one sim that does it all would be perfect and would sell even better
Just in case every here is wondering who Mickey Thompson is, check this:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mickey_Thompson

This man was a legendary racer AND land speed record breaker. He did everything from help developing off road racing tires to absolutely dominate off-road racing to

FYI, you can all take a look at Mickey Thompson tires here:

http://www.mickeythompsontires.com/

Note: Only REAL men with nerves of CARBON NANOTUBES and balls of TITANIUM need apply.
Jeeps suck, Land Rovers are better
#49 - dev
Quote from Jamexing :Note: Only REAL men with nerves of CARBON NANOTUBES and balls of TITANIUM need apply.

Need apply for what? I don't see anything to apply to! And he's not quite a Donald Campbell is he

4x4's
(101 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG