The online racing simulator
Teamspeak or Ventrilo? Which do you prefer?
(30 posts, started )

Poll : TeamSpeak or Ventrilo?

TeamSpeak
Ventrilo
What are these?
There may have been other threads like this in the past but im interested in what people think today!
TeamSpeak is a lot better, both client and server side. Much easier to configure and use
And no, Dan, I'm not gonna make any more posts
#3 - X-Ter
Ventrilo all the way. Up and running with both server and client software in less then 10 minutes. And that's including fiddeling with the router/firewall and stuff.
#4 - Jakg
Does it matter? imo their SO similar, that i cant see a point in changing
#5 - Rish
Only ever used Teamspeak, but i get on great with it! easy to use etc!
Teamspeak for me, I have 2 TS servers so easy to use and configure. Saying that I have never used Ventrillo so I have no idea what it's like
seeing that both versions (latest vent and TS3) will cost money I think it would be best to search for a good alternative to both of them.
Having used both (older versions), set up servers and clients I would prefer Ventrilo though, its configured nicely already, has better sound quality and stuff. Please no flaming, I just found vent easier to use.

greetz

der butz
i use teamspeak, because it came with my LFS server (500servers...i ordered months ago, when TS was part of the package. not sure it it still is), so there was nothing to setup on my end for the TS server (making it infinitly easy to use. install client, type in ip address in quick connect and start chatting. no muss, no fuss. never tried ventrillo, so i can't comment on it.
#9 - SamH
Dan, I think the term you're looking for is "pwnd"
Ventrilo, better quality and less lag... A bit less userfriendly UI though...
#13 - SamH
The best thing about Teamspeak is the integration you can do with other systems. We have a vast amount of control over TS through API calls.
I voted Ventrillo, since I never really use Teamspeak. But Ventrillo kinda pissed me off with they're authorized server BS. We used to host are own server, on our rented server machine (we as in www.dweebfire.com). But we're not authorized to host a 2.3.0 server, so we started to rent one out, and now have to deal with the occasional network lag spikes and poor connections.
Ventrillo, as you can set a button for it on your wheel!
Quote from FOGlegsy :Ventrillo, as you can set a button for it on your wheel!

like you couldn't with ts? :P But I prefer Ventrilo too.
Quote from frokki :like you couldn't with ts? :P But I prefer Ventrilo too.

Not without an extra applet that binds the button to a specific key...
Quote from bbman :Ventrilo, better quality and less lag... A bit less userfriendly UI though...

I race LFS on 56k dialup. Thus I do not use either TS or Vent. I have attempted though. With Ventrilo, when I joined GURU a long time ago, Gimpster was running sort of a driving school. Or maybe it was Maverick, anyways... I was curious what would happen if I tried to use Ventrillo. Everytime someone talked, it kicked me off of LFS with lag.

Not long ago I was on a server and logged onto their TS server. It wasn't a race server so I thought I'd try it. I would lag every time someone talked, but I never got kicked.

So, as for the text I quoted, maybe Ventrilo has less lag itself than TS, I'll tell you that it will cause more lag on LFS or whatever online gaming you are doing. I do occasionally use TS when flight simming as lag isn't as critical there (FS9, not combat flight simming). We use TS for Air Traffic Control sessions. I can hear just fine, but I can't speak because no one can understand me with the 56k.
what are they?
I've used both, and they are both pretty good.
#23 - JTbo
My mouth does not produce words in manner my brain orders it to so I don't use anything like those because all I hear from other end is what, what!?

So I voted for 3rd option, even I know what team speak is...
TBH I see both as the same
I say none, Tin-Can's and long bits of string are much more effective.

(30 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG