The online racing simulator
NASCAR Racing 2003
(8 posts, started )
#1 - TiJay
NASCAR Racing 2003
I just acquired NASCAR 2003 by Papyrus and IMO it's a good game, even if it is oval racing. What I can't find out is how to open the car texture files to paint them, can anyone with NR2003 experience help me?

Also, is Superspeedway.net the only place to get car and track updates?
MasGrafx is one of the leading NR2003 sites, as well as 'The Pits.'

For NR2003 painting; start with a PSD or PSP template. Make your paintjob (I recommend using the carviewer, available on the pits website, to view your progress. Pretty much a less-glamorous CMX Viewer) using the template. Once done, save it as a TGA file and place in the "Import/Export" folder. (specific format escapes memory, just try different options :P). In the game, create a new car in the "opponent manager" screen, being sure to select the proper chassis that the template requires. Some of the newer templates require the chassis of a different car to look right. For instance, a 2006 Dodge Charger template I think belongs on the Pontiac chassis because it has a nose shape closer to the charger. Then, after the car is created and you are viewing the newly created car in the opponent manager, click on the 'import' button, and select your paint job. Use the same method for your pitcrew, only make sure you have the pitcrew tab clicked in the opponent manager screen before importing the tga file.

Do not use the in-game painter; not even for importing your paints. In mods it will mess up the paintjob, and in the standard cup cars it will make the paintjob smaller (512x512, ugly!).

MasGrafx has a wide range of purdy paintjobs available, too, as well as some tracks. I recommend getting the Project Wildfire mods, too. The Craftsman trucks are particularily great.

Hope that helps
#3 - TiJay
Thanks, that was very helpful.

I might try the PWF mods soon, need to get the hang of the stock cars first
#4 - ajp71
Quote from MAGGOT :MasGrafx is one of the leading NR2003 sites, as well as 'The Pits.'

Ah ha! MasGrafx, that's what I was going to post, but I couldn't remember how it was spelled. I had a link at one time, but couldn't find it. And the other one is "The US Pits" rather than just "The Pits".
#7 - TiJay
Aha, thanks!

EDIT: Found a 2006 skinpack at TeamSBR.

NASCAR Racing 2003
(8 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG