The online racing simulator
Dont think this has ever been suggested before...
I dont think this has ever been suggested before, and i actualy think it would be a GREAT idea.

All the cars, have even matches. For example, the XFG and the XRG are evenly matched, the XRT, FXO, and RB4 are pretty even, and etc. This makes races fun, so you can limit the race to more than one car.

In STCC 1, the XRG and the XFG are against eachother, and in the other STCC 1 server, its just the UF1, all alone, no other cars in that server for it to race against. Why? It doesnt have an even match!

So it hit me. The UF1 is basicly really light weight, front wheel drive, and underpowered. It handles great, because of its weight, and its not that fast in the straights, because it doesnt have too much power.

Why not give the UF1 something to compete with? My idea, is somthing like the Mazda Miata. It is very light weight, pretty underpowered, RWD, and handles great. The miata is a little bit more weight, and a bit faster, but who says it has to be an exact replica?

If LFS could include a light weight, underpowered, RWD, 2 seater roadster, to compete with the UF1, this would be really great!

Anyone with me?

For those of you who dont know, this is a miata.
Attached images
gallery_articles_Mazda Miata Rick_03.jpg
gallery_articles_Mazda Miata Rick_04.jpg
gallery_articles_Mazda Miata Rick_05.jpg
It has been suggested before, but an MX-5 would be more in the TBO group. Maybe a Honda Beat clone?

Or something stupidly off the wall - an Autozam AZ1.

The Autozam clone could be a turbo AND RWD rival to the UFR and XFR.
#3 - DC2
or a suzuki cappuccino clone
Quote from DC2 :or a suzuki cappuccino clone

Similar deal, but if I can't spell it, I think of a similar car
Quote from duke_toaster :It has been suggested before, but an MX-5 would be more in the TBO group. Maybe a Honda Beat clone?

Or something stupidly off the wall - an Autozam AZ1.

The Autozam clone could be a turbo AND RWD rival to the UFR and XFR.

TBO group? Whats that?

I think the miata would be more favored by a lot of people, then a honda beat. Also, like i mentioned, the Miata-like car doesnt have to be THAT much more powerful than the UF1. Its not an exact replica.
Quote from Sketchyrollin564 :TBO group? Whats that?

TBO class = FXO, RB4, XRT.

Quote :I think the miata would be more favored by a lot of people, then a honda beat. Also, like i mentioned, the Miata-like car doesnt have to be THAT much more powerful than the UF1. Its not an exact replica.

A K-Car would fit in to the class better than something that would be very similar to the XRG.
A modern UF1 would be a Fiat Punto,Kia Picanto, Nissan Micra or a Ford Ka. Or something similar to them.
The Miata would be faster than the UF1.
Let's look at the Miata first: link
Power: 96 kW
Torque: 149 Nm @ 5,000 rpm (Hz/nm for you dot lovers )
Weights: gross vehicle weight rating (kg) 1,225 and curb weight (kg) 1,040

Power-to-weight = 96kW / 1040kg = 0,0923kW/kg = 92.3W/kg

For UF1 the power-to-weight is 69 W/kg, which is significantly less (link).
I bet that all the hairdressers on the Citydriving servers would love to have a Miata

Anyway....if you have the power of the UF1, which is very close to nothing it doesn't really matter if it's FWD or RWD, can't really feel it, well in rallycross, but barely.

UFR (and XFR) would need a RWD GTR competitor. So, why not for a road version from whatever it could be.
+1 for hte MX5 miata. someoe suggested a VW Vanagon once. or how about an old rusted 1965 Chevy truck?
#11 - JTbo
XRG has almost exact specs of MX-5, you would need just to add body and do bit of finetuning, oh yes and add double A-arm to front and rear. It would be 3rd car to that group still.
So mabey somthing else? How about somthing like the older Rear engine Rear wheel drive Bugs? Those were very underpowered, but i dont know how well they handled.
Mazda AZ1 for the win
this has been suggested a few times before... LINK1, LINK2, LINK3

a nice RWD match for the UF1 could be the Skoda 110R with a slightly stronger engine... the stock specs are:
1100cc engine 46,3 kW, 880 kg -> 52,6kW/kg
I think some VW beetle looking car would be the best match. It's RWD and has roughly the same power and weight. Besides UF1 looks much like the classic Mini so the Beetle lookalike would be another classic car.

Maybe even some VWR ('Herbie') version to compete in the XFR/UFR class.
+1 for the beetle
This topic is only spamish hidden attack of miata hater.

Are there too many miata-ricers in us or what? It's nice car and kind of legend
but its to good to compete in the same class as the UF1, an old Bug would be alot better

For an UFR competitor the devs could create some sort of race version, or a car similar to these used in the Uniroyal Funcup

Midengine, RWD, 130hp

http://de.wikipedia.org/wiki/Uniroyal_Funcup only in german, sry
Quote from pasibrzuch :This topic is only spamish hidden attack of miata hater.

Are there too many miata-ricers in us or what? It's nice car and kind of legend

No it's not - it's just that it's inappropriate as a UF1 rival car.
Yep, that would be a good basis for a 'VWR'. Also then we would get a RWD opponent against XFR and UFR.

Miata is not in the same league as UF1. I have nothing against Miata, but beetle is in the same league as UF1.

"Miata a legend"? Lol... okay maybe the requirements to get a legend status are bit lower in your neighbourhood (no offence), but no way you can talk it in the same day as Mini or Beetle.
Quote from Sketchyrollin564 :So mabey somthing else? How about somthing like the older Rear engine Rear wheel drive Bugs? Those were very underpowered, but i dont know how well they handled.

People noticed that he said it, but no me?

So i guess ill ad a "+1" to his
Quote from Aquilifer :Miata is not in the same league as UF1. I have nothing against Miata, but beetle is in the same league as UF1.

"Miata a legend"? Lol... okay maybe the requirements to get a legend status are bit lower in your neighbourhood (no offence), but no way you can talk it in the same day as Mini or Beetle.

UF1 is slowest car in LFS, and would be one of the slowest in real, so where is the point to suggest sporty cabrio (by Sketchyrollin564) as competitor for UF1?
It is absurd because: number_of_laps = n_times_mazda_passes_uf1
My gues is that Sketchy lost a street race with mx-5 guy

I said its 'a kind of legend'. It was the best small cabrio for many years, so I think in cabrio world it can an icon.
For sure it is not in my neighbourhood. There are 2 mx-5, one was my friends, which was ricer all the way (and people reactions where: he looks like gay in that car), and second is used as 'L' training car for driving licesne practise
Quote from pasibrzuch :... and second is used as 'L' training car for driving licesne practise

Woohoo! That must be fun I had to earn my licence in a diesel Clio

Anyways +1 for a small RWD. More content == more fun.
#24 - JJ72
not a miata, way too quick, it should be something along the line of the old beetle or 2CV.
Hi there!! I see this UF1 car resembles a lot with an old Mini Cooper. If you guys are searching for a good rival for this car with similar power, I only know these (all have RWD transmission):

Seat/ Fiat 600 E

Abarth version:

Seat 850:

Coupe version

I can't drive the UF1 , but I can imagine his specs All these cars give me nostalgia....

Regards.

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG