The online racing simulator
Small map pointer colors
(6 posts, started )
Small map pointer colors
Since the patch test forum is hidden, and I can't post in the thread there, I'm writing here.

I think making the racers lap behind grey was a very good improvement - it added a lot of value to the map. However, as a not top tier racer I sometimes find myself racing cars over a lap ahead. Would be good to be able spot those drivers too, so you see the leaders are coming and that you don't need to race the guy ahead.

I recommend the color white for drivers 1 or more laps ahead.
The arrow for the drivers 1 lap down is indeed too hard to see aswell. Nearly invisible in most cases, and NOT safe at all because you won't see if there is traffic on the map when you go to look ahead of time. There were times I glanced at it and couldn't see a car on the map, but there was one right in front of me a ways down the straightaway. It was lapped traffic.
Quote from Tweaker :The arrow for the drivers 1 lap down is indeed too hard to see aswell. Nearly invisible in most cases, and NOT safe at all because you won't see if there is traffic on the map when you go to look ahead of time. There were times I glanced at it and couldn't see a car on the map, but there was one right in front of me a ways down the straightaway. It was lapped traffic.

Just my opinion - I don't find the grey markers too difficult to see.

EDIT: I wish we could customize the colors ourselves. I guess it's too much to ask
Imho, all these mini map things should be just a temporary waypoint on the way towards pit spotter type of interface. A system that would use little graphics cues and lots of sounds to tell the driver what is going on. Position, lap times etc. I see nothing wrong with improving the minimap but the goal should be to have a better system replacing the minimap instead of developing the minimap ad infinitum
I would like to have both options, but a pit spotter would be supper. I never race without the kegetys one. However, the developments in the minimap have lately been quite small (dot to arrow, arrow to another arrow, one color to another). So it's not like scawen has gone on a minimap improvement rampage.

Here, I hope we will be discussing improvements to the minimap that are simple (what do I know about programming), yet add a lot of value
If you see the arrows in the sky when cars are off the track or in the pitlane, they are hard to see because they do not have the main track line as a backdrop, and they are just a solid light grey color against a light sky or clouds for example.

Small map pointer colors
(6 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG