The online racing simulator
More city tracks?
(54 posts, started )
That would be a great track
Quote from JTbo :Just use this area (worth to check elevations from google earth )

Some really TIGHT nasty turns, eh?
+1 for more city tracks

-1 for more city driving !
#29 - JTbo
Quote from Meanie :Some really TIGHT nasty turns, eh?

Some, some quite narrow, see video from there

That layout was 8-9km long, can't remember now, but it is in mountain track topic.

You could easily get many interesting tracks from that area as there is many roads inside that area circled by drawn path, you could get quite variety of different type of courses from there too and scenery would be awesome
Well, as Eric is working on some Southcity rebuilt or similar, I wonder if the city would expand? Maybe it's wishful thinking, but it would be great to have some new streets.
Quote from keithano :Personally I love city tracks and +1 to this suggestion, although it's in a wrong forum. I'm from Macao, and that's the last race of WTCC, which is a phenomenon city track!

Can you imagine Macau T1 in LFS though! No-one would make it through there on public servers.
Quote from Blackout :Well, as Eric is working on some Southcity rebuilt or similar, I wonder if the city would expand? Maybe it's wishful thinking, but it would be great to have some new streets.

I hope he doesn't smooth it all out like he did with Blackwood. More bumps if anything please, Eric!
I didn't think they were planning any layout changes, just a retexture / higher res environment. Although it would be great to see more potential combos on this track.
Quote from Sketchyrollin564 : theres just somthing about south city i dont like. I think its the confusion of not knowing which direction to turn, without using a map.

There's a part of the brain dedicated to memory. 3 laps of any track (ok..it took a little while longer to learn 'The Ring' ) and the information is stored in my memory.
If you need a map to find your way round a racetrack i would say your memory is faulty and probably needs replacing

If after 22 years of smoking weed I can still memorise a layout in 3 laps, I'm sure a fit young brain like yours can do it

Edit..Don't do drugs kids..., like a dwarf with learning difficulty's, It's not big and it's not clever.

Ohh....and +10 for city tracks
Quote from Gentlefoot :Can you imagine Macau T1 in LFS though! No-one would make it through there on public servers.

T1 is still not a problem. T3, that is known as the Lisboa-corner is definitely a problem Only clean racer can make it through.. too much.. well.. noobs dunno how to brake in first lap, and also never reserve any rooms when side-by-side with other racers.
Quote from thisnameistaken :I hope he doesn't smooth it all out like he did with Blackwood. More bumps if anything please, Eric!

The huge bump on Blackwood straight was so unrealistic, it was bad modeling/track making, therefore a bug, I'm glad it was smoothened. I'm all for more bumps if they are somewhat realistic, there are actually few good ones in SO, few drain covers, can hardly feel them if you are driving something else than MRT though. But the bump on the pit entry/exit for example should be smoothened, you can't even see it. Would be fun if they could launch some different types of surfaces, would be fun to have freshly paved sections, some gone bad and all bumpy, and some old sections. Would spice up the looks too
#38 - FL!P
To those who are confused by SO's layout, there's an easy way to avoid surprises: the distance signs before corners (200, 150, 100, 50) are always on the side opposite to the next turn. Signs on the left -> turn to the right. And vice-versa.
Quote from FL!P :To those who are confused by SO's layout, there's an easy way to avoid surprises: the distance signs before corners (200, 150, 100, 50) are always on the side opposite to the next turn. Signs on the left -> turn to the right. And vice-versa.

Nice tip Flip. Although personally I like to learn the layout. Seems like the best way to get fast lol
Quote from Gentlefoot :Nice tip Flip. Although personally I like to learn the layout. Seems like the best way to get fast lol

what a surprise
i had the same problems at the beginning did never know if the next turn will be left or right.
but race 5 laps on each combo and u will know it.
#41 - FL!P
Quote from Gentlefoot :Nice tip Flip. Although personally I like to learn the layout. Seems like the best way to get fast lol

Nah, it's much more fun to discover the layout in each lap!

Anyway, this tip works on all the tracks and all the configurations (even IRL, AFAIK), so it's always handy to learn the layout or when the track just changed on the server and you're not sure which configuration you're on.
-1 Noooooo, couse I always end like this... my rate FPS is not the well one
Attached images
lfs_00000084.jpg
Then don't try to go as fast. It's better to go slower and take no damage, than go fast and take yourself out at the first chicane
+1

Cant remember its name(roadone I think), but the Quebec track from NR2003 would be nice, it had some nice turns and a fair bit of elevation change towards the end.
South City is by far my fave area

Extension to it would be awesome! If no to extensions, then how about combining Classic and Sprint 1 as a new config.

And what about renaming Sprint 2 -> Sprint and say Sprint 1 -> Short Because I know I'm not the only one who finds this difficult!
Quote from JTbo :Just use this area (worth to check elevations from google earth )
...big monte carlo satellite view ...

what's this, monte-schleife, or nord-carlo?
#48 - JTbo
Quote from csurdongulos :what's this, monte-schleife, or nord-carlo?

Just search that city name in google earth

Tip: Sicily, Italy

Should we call it Taorminschleife or something, perhaps must more Italian words that I do not know of?
Quote from Dajmin :Then don't try to go as fast. It's better to go slower and take no damage, than go fast and take yourself out at the first chicane

Most people don't seem to understand this simple concept. I was on a server last night running on South City (long reverse, I think). Even starting out at the back of the pack, I was able to get a podium finish. We were only running 6 lap races, but most everyone would retire before the race was finished. Half the field would take each other out by the third turn, and most of the other half of the field would overdrive and hit a wall before the last lap.

Slow and steady wins the race, boys.
#50 - JTbo
Quote from Cue-Ball :Most people don't seem to understand this simple concept. I was on a server last night running on South City (long reverse, I think). Even starting out at the back of the pack, I was able to get a podium finish. We were only running 6 lap races, but most everyone would retire before the race was finished. Half the field would take each other out by the third turn, and most of the other half of the field would overdrive and hit a wall before the last lap.

Slow and steady wins the race, boys.

I have experienced same things and even at Fern Bay club with full grid, patience is missing I believe, as with patience you can win almost anything. I'm not good in that either, but often it feels that others are not even trying.

More city tracks?
(54 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG