The online racing simulator
Im new Please help..... asap
(6 posts, started )
#1 - Rikou
Hi there, ive just bought a S2 license and have a game password etc but as i go to upgrade it proceeds to tell me that it cannot connect to master server.

no firewalls are on or anything like that, i was wondering if you could help me figure it out.

The only thing i can think of is that my version of lfs is to old....

plz help, your new pal
Rikou
What version is your LFS?
#3 - Venus
Do you have a router that handles your internet? If so; you'll need to setup port forwarding within the modem. This site will help:

http://portforwarding.com

Simply pick your router from the list, then pick the game from the next list, then just follow the instructions. I'd say more than likely, thats your problem. Unless of course your not connected to the net. lol

If you have a modem connection, rather than a router; then check your windows firewall is off (security manager within control panel in XP).

Hope that helps

Venus
I think you have an old version of LFS with the old IP of the Master Server.

Pls download it new: www.liveforspeed.net
Quote from Rikou :
The only thing i can think of is that my version of lfs is to old....

If u think so, why don't u upgrade your version?
Quote from Venus :...

Venus, I appreciate that you're trying to help, but you're spreading a myth. Port forwarding is not required for unlocking.

Rikou, try the latest version (0.5W) from the website. If you still can't connect then go to the folder where you have LFS saved, and open cfg.txt. Search for the term "Master Port". You should find it's set to 29339. Change this to 8080. Save and close. (8080 and 29339 are the only 2 options).

Try again. If it works then you've got a firewall somewhere between you and the master server. If you're sure you've not got one setup, then it's likely to be your ISP port blocking on "high" ports.

(6 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG