The online racing simulator
PC rebooting during minimize on games.
Here are my specs. Athlon 3500+ 64 Bit Motherboard Socket 939 *can't remember the name* 2GB RAM PC3200 I've had this pc for around a while now, couple of months in. This has been going on for a while now, and I haven't decided to deal with it until today, because I wasn't playing LFS at the time, and wasn't a big deal then. Now I have decided to deal with it, because it ruined me an enjoyable ATC GP race, because LFS minimized itself when I got a warning that the GPU was running a bit hotter than usual *room was a bit stuffy* Every time, I try to minimze or exit a game *Rainbow 6 in particular* the game would automatically reboot itself. I rarely get a "Error Send Report" come up, so I can't really give you a detail on what the problem is exactly of whats causing it. Any ideas what the problem may be?
tried the windows repair function?
maybe something is messed up.
Quote from [RCG]Boosted :tried the windows repair function?
maybe something is messed up.

I'm a bit rusty in computing, so my memory is a bit blank. Where can I find the Windows Repairs Function?
#4 - dadge
it sounds like an overheating problem, make sure the fan on the graphics card is clean and clear of cables m8, maybe the fan is burned out and might need replaced.
#5 - need
Yep, sound's like an overheating graphics card and/or driver issue to me. The warning during the race sounds like overheating, the rebooting when minimising/exiting a game sounds more like a driver issue. Try uninstalling the driver and re-installing the lastest version.
Check all fans/heatsinks inside the system for dust / obstructions, give them a clean with a soft brush if needed. Make sure there's enough room around the case vents for proper airflow in and out of the box.

What I did last summer with my Athalon system when I wanted to play a game, I placed a fan pointing towards the PC so it had a constant flow of cooler air moving over it, stopped the overheating problem I had with it at that time.
Problem sorted it was indeed an driver error, so I simply changed it to an more updated version. Now I have come across another problem . The sound card is now lagging when I try to play LFS, I'd get a lot of stutter, *think of it as breaking interference* and it delays the sound action. Can anyone assist on that at all?
#7 - Davo
Sounds like what I when I was enocding an xvid movie. Another program was using all the available cpu power so lfs didn't have enough and started lagging and sputteriung all over the place. CTRL+ALT_+DEL to bring up the task manager and check to see if anything is using your cpu cycles. Do it while you have lfs running, window it and then check then.
Problem sorted, thanks for your assistance guys.

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG