The online racing simulator
#1 - halo
Full Flag rules (inc. Black Flag)
I am proposing that Adapting Full Flag rules to the game will be enhance on-line racing quality.

For example; after 3 consecutive Blue Flag than > Black flag and user automatically transfered to the pit or "spectator mode".
This also could be an option to choose for the hosts.
#2 - Venus
+1
I dont think its fair booting to spectate somebody who has just been lapped by three drivers.
The blue flag rules are silly, but a form of automatic pit line detection and possibly a flagrant cutting detection system might work.

E: Not the stupid 60 seconds limiter ...
3 Blue flags get you black flag? Hmm... a blue flag doesn't mean you're wrong or anything, it just means you're a lap behind whoever is coming behind you. You can't just kick people from the race because they're slower. In F1, you see a black flag about once per year, if not less, it's not a common thing at all, it's only used for extreme cases, else it's just a penalty.
Personally, I'd rather see black flags for people that:

A) Blow their freakin' horns because they want to get by

Hey Homer! It's up to you to get around, and you better be clean about it!

B) Shout "BLUE FLAG! BLUE FLAG!", like it's some kind of incantation that will magically make a runoff lane for a driver being overtaken.

Whatever happened to skill on the track instead of asstardness?
With the three blue flags rule, this is a rule in F1, but it does not mean 3 blue flags in a race... it means that if you pass three blue flags while you are driving and haven't let the car behind you pass by the third one, you will get a black flag... By this time you may have done say half a lap of a track, which is plenty of time to let someone by.
#9 - wark
Quote from NoQuarter :Personally, I'd rather see black flags for people that:

A) Blow their freakin' horns because they want to get by

Hey Homer! It's up to you to get around, and you better be clean about it!

B) Shout "BLUE FLAG! BLUE FLAG!", like it's some kind of incantation that will magically make a runoff lane for a driver being overtaken.

Whatever happened to skill on the track instead of asstardness?

LOL so true. It would almost be better if you had to spectate to type anything.
Quote from Michael Denham :With the three blue flags rule, this is a rule in F1, but it does not mean 3 blue flags in a race... it means that if you pass three blue flags while you are driving and haven't let the car behind you pass by the third one, you will get a black flag... By this time you may have done say half a lap of a track, which is plenty of time to let someone by.

It also may not be enough time for you to pull completely away from the blue flag if your pit strategy puts you leaving the pits with the leader coming down the front stretch. Again, blue flags do NOT mean the guy behind you is faster in LFS. It ONLY means that the car close behind you is ahead of you in position. You should not be penalized because you started in the back and decided to get your pitstop out of the way early in the race at Aston Cadet possibly putting you exiting pitroad as the leader comes up behind you.
Good point I was mainly trying to clarify the misinterpretation of the "three blue flags and you get a black flag" rule that is used in real life. But of course in real life this only happens if the car behind you is a lap ahead and gaining on you. Hopefully if/when flags are improved, this problem in LFS will be addressed.
I would like to see black flags for people who drive around with severely damaged cars, though. It'd be fairly easy to implement--set a limit for damage-without-black flag, and when it's exceeded the flag comes out the next time you pass the S/F line.

I myself am guilty of limping around sometimes trying desperately to preserve position (especially if it's near the end of the race), but I think it'd be best if everyone (myself included) got it fixed rather than endangering others' races.

Quote from wark :LOL so true. It would almost be better if you had to spectate to type anything.

totally agree. specate to type. infact i think it deserves a new thread.

you just dont talk in a race when racing, constand shouting is un needed. but i think it needs to be made clear that a blue flag is only a move over flag in f1. everywhere else it is simply a notification to say a faster car is approaching.
Quote from DeadWolfBones :I would like to see black flags for people who drive around with severely damaged cars, though. It'd be fairly easy to implement--set a limit for damage-without-black flag, and when it's exceeded the flag comes out the next time you pass the S/F line.

I myself am guilty of limping around sometimes trying desperately to preserve position (especially if it's near the end of the race), but I think it'd be best if everyone (myself included) got it fixed rather than endangering others' races.

if your car is so serverly damaged you shouldnt be able to move. this could be eaily sorted when we get a proper damage system. normally you hit a wall race is over. not in lfs more of a flying lesson and then carry on to the pits.
Quote from halo :I am proposing that Adapting Full Flag rules to the game will be enhance on-line racing quality.

For example; after 3 consecutive Blue Flag than > Black flag and user automatically transfered to the pit or "spectator mode".

lfs has one constant blue flag message. i think it needs to be something like when you get a blue flag message, pass 3 marshalls posts and black flag/ or travel so many metres with blue flag message.
The blue flag message pops up too early as it is, if someone is catching me up really slowly I can have the blue flag message up for 2 or 3 laps before they're actually close enough for me to let them past.
Quote from kieran20 :if your car is so serverly damaged you shouldnt be able to move. this could be eaily sorted when we get a proper damage system. normally you hit a wall race is over. not in lfs more of a flying lesson and then carry on to the pits.

True, but you know as well as I that there are plenty of times where you're stuck in the gray zone between wrecked but plenty driveable and totaled. The sort where your car is constantly oscillating back and forth and you're at risk of spinning at any moment.
Quote from Bob Smith :The blue flag message pops up too early as it is...

Totally agree on that. If Im given the BF, I immediately look behind to see how close so I can get out of the way...normally the lapping car is still a fair bit behind.

But what about yellow flags? Doesnt a yellow mean caution and no passing in the corner its being displayed in?

If flags are to be addressed and people want true to life rules, the flags would have to appear on the track being waved and not a simple pop-up on your screen...especially for yellow flags.
Quote from DeadWolfBones :I would like to see black flags for people who drive around with severely damaged cars, though. It'd be fairly easy to implement--set a limit for damage-without-black flag, and when it's exceeded the flag comes out the next time you pass the S/F line.

Actually you mean this flag.
+1

Also this feature could include that two ore more flags are shown at the same time.
It is 3 sectors under blue flag, NOT 3 posts.

And that is a non standard rule in F1, it isn't in WTCC or FIA GT.
#22 - Gunn
Quote from halo :

Sounds cool, all I have to do is come up behind the slower driver and stay close but not overtake even if he makes way for me, as long as I deliberately don't overtake him he will be black flagged and then I can go on my merry way with him teleported to the pits.
Quote from Yaamboo :Actually you mean this flag.

Well... I was thinking more of this one:

Quote :The black flag The solid black flag is used to summon a driver to the pits. It is usually used to punish a driver or team for disobeying the rules, but may also be used when a car is suffering a dangerous mechanical failure, such as a loose hood or dragging bumper.

...since it wouldn't require you to retire, just to go to the pits and get your problems fixed.

They're both sort of applicable, though.
DWB, the Wikipedia article is pretty much wrong on a lot of things. NASCAR and so-on are NOT sanctioned by the FIA.

Quote from FIA International Sporting Code, Appendix H, page 5 :
d) Black flag: This flag should be used to inform the driver concerned that he must stop at his pit or at the place designated in the supplementary or championship regulations on the next approach to the pit entry. If a driver fails to comply for any reason, this fl ag should not be shown for more than four consecutive laps. The decision to show this flag rests solely with the Stewards of the Meeting, the team concerned will immediately be informed of the decision.
e) Black flag with an orange disc 40cm in diameter: This flag should be used to inform the driver concerned that his car has mechanical problems likely to endanger himself or others and means that the he must stop at his pit on the next lap. When the mechanical problems have been rectified to the satisfaction of the chief scrutineer the car may rejoin the race.

Totally separate. Black flag for penalties, black and orange for a dangerous car

Appendix H, should you be bore ... h to read the whole thing
Quote from wark :LOL so true. It would almost be better if you had to spectate to type anything.

and ONLY those spectating would be able to see the "chat session"

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG