The online racing simulator
Why do u guys hate Rfactor?
(44 posts, started )
Uh... like I said, I never played rFactor. I figure it has it's own little quirks and perks that might or might not be agreeable to someone spoiled by LFS.
but I find ind it quite curious why someone would have to mod Blackwood rally and a GTT for it.

just something to think about.
I hate rFactor because of:

- Cartoon graphics
- Totally unrealistic physics
- The tracks are very poor and have no bumps, i guess the physic engine cant handle bumps.
- Crap cockpits
- Horrible collision detection
- The netcode sucks, warps all the time
- The rFactor community is full of idiots that bashes other simracing games all the time and say that rFactor is so real without them having real knowledge about the real cars.
- Game runs 18 fps on a 3 GHz PC...real bad 3d engine, LFS runs 150 fps, beat that

ISI sucks and will always do that.
Thread is about Why do we hate rFagtor ? cuz it suk...
I don't hate rFactor. In fact, I think the entire idea of rFactor is great. Release a working mod platform. They hoped that rFactor might just be the next Sportscar GT.
I am however very disapointed in the mod community. There are a a precious few mods for rFactor that stands out as quality, but the most is plain and utter crap.
If the modders get their act together and stop rushing out their projects and then infest the community with patches here and there, it could become so much better.
I bought rFactor a couple of weeks ago because i heard so much good bout some mods and stuff. And some really fun online races though.

My first impressions of the game was how "old" everything feldt. The game menus, the way you joined servers (buggy as hell sometimes) the lack of a proper gamefilter (theres a ton of mods, just show the ones i have goddamit) "dont show password servers" anyone :P
But i didn't give up, i really tried to learn how the game works. Tried to find some mods i could coupe with and im starting to enjoy this game. I really had some fun races with the superclio mod.
So after all this could be a good/better (?) game but there are still some things to work on. Ex: game menus , server/game filter, credit system (whats up with that?)

Samarium: i hated the game at first, as a matter of fact i tried to get a refund but never figured out how to do that. But now im slowly getting to like the game . . . or the mods . . . whatever
i looked at rFactor's screenshot and the graphics was bad enough to make me not even go near rFactor, plus even their renders looks worse than LFS renders, after imported into render softwares. It just shows how badly the cars were designed in the first place, and after sugarcoating it in rendering software it still turns out bad looking compared to LFS car renders, that my opinion
But that it the mod maker's fault not RF's. Some of the models are quite frankly stunning, (megane,f-1, ect ect)
#33 - JTbo
Quote from FOGlegsy :But that it the mod maker's fault not RF's. Some of the models are quite frankly stunning, (megane,f-1, ect ect)

Eye candy, chrome, nonsense. I would prefer little/no gfx over good physics and well done handling in mod
I agree, Thats why i play LFS
The killer for Rf is the shoddy way they looked after the mods, nowhere to centrally download them from and 6-7 diffrent versions of some tracks,
I used to find myself downloading a new mod/track nearly everynight so i could get a race!
Nowadays its so much better just having to plug my wheel in to play LFS knowing i can connect to every public server in the lobby
ok, i bought rFactor a few minutes ago, and im not bored of it yet , the megane trophy online is big fun and also is the Lupo Cup mod
you know, all this stuff about rFactor and it's mods can really make you wonder if LFS should be moddable. I mean sure, I'd love to have a track with inverted sections and a giant bobsled run, but not at the expense of compatability issues.
if the community/devs can somehow regulate mods... then we can avoid the problems rfactor has.
#38 - CSU1
lemme see why I dislike RF
Well I only d/l it a million times and never could run it, it always crashed everytime and the FINAL and last time i tried to get it it said try now but opon running RF it wanted money from me...so stuff you RF
#39 - JJ72
I don't hate it, many mods are quite nicely done but with some irritating flaws, so when you went through a lot of mods, you got the frustration that what if all the good aspects of these mods can be put together in a mod where everyone plays (so not to split the already not so large online community when you have to wait half an hour for a race to start). And clearly the physics fail to impress, bearable, but I don't miss it. But still I won't say I hate it.
I bought RF. I wouldn't say I hate it but I would much prefer to play LFS over RF.
imo, the graphics are better then in LFS in few mods
Quote :
Originally Posted by Becky Rose
I dont hate rFactor, but i'm not going to spend any time driving in it because I have tried it already, and trying it was enough.

Ditto
Quote from Scrabby :imo, the graphics are better then in LFS in few mods

There you have it. In a few mods....
#44 - Gunn
I don't hate rFactor......but I'm willing to learn.

Why do u guys hate Rfactor?
(44 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG